The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Will internet marketing surpass broadcast tv?

HRB

Greetings Everyone,
Do you feel that on-line marketing will eventually surpass broadcast tv
1) in people reached ?
2) in ROI?
Regards,
HRB

Greetings all,
In addition to the great input I've recieved from this community, here's another insight I felt compelled to share.
Regards,
HRB

The internet has already surpassed broadcast TV for both questions....

1) People reached.
If you visit a few news sites a day, you are hit with typically a dozen or so ads on each page. But if you watch the news, you might see 15-20 ads total.... And if you spend 20 minutes on myspace you get hit with more ads than 8 hours of TV.... (unverified, but I might be right. Also, NOT a good example of online advertising..)

2) ROI.
This is the more important question.... Who cares if a million people saw your ad on TV? Your ad was meaningless (at least at the moment) to 99% of them. And if you did interest someone, odds are they forgot about it because they started watching their show again. How do you call someone to action when they are watching TV??? And you just spent HOW much?

Online, however, a well thought-out campaign gets your ad in front of someone AS they seek out the product or service you offer. And it goes further because your ad can take them to your site, which is literally having them come into your store. From there, you can actually sell them something! And so much more...

The ability to place a targeted ad next to search results is exciting. I can pay 5 cents to have someone come to my site (my business) KNOWING that they were looking for my product. AND I can scale it up or down as needed.

This is nothing less than a paradigm shift. Unfortunately, because it is all called "advertising", people are convinced it is all the same (or at least comparable). But its not.

1) in people reached ?
Definitely YES as you get to reach an international audience as compared to TV ads that only reaches a local market.
2) in ROI?
Its really hard to say. TV ads (for certain products) are still very good at targeting a local audience. I guess it is a case to case basis in terms of measuring their viability.

Well, according to me it has already surpassed television media. Look at the pace with which Internet marketing is capturing the overall market. television took 100 times the time Internet took to reach this place.
Internet is quick, give results instantly, it is cheaper than television, more scope for creativity, innovation and uniqueness.

banners
Back