The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Why do I keep getting denied from affiliate programs?

penguinstyle

affiliate
Okay, probably a stupid question, but I'm curious.
I am new to all this, but I don't understand why I keep getting denied when I apply to certain sites in CJ, or LinkShare, as well as Google Affiliates itself. They usually ask for a url, and I assume that's where I'm going wrong. I don't usually have one that fits what they want to see, apparently. Does that mean I should create one that they'll like just to get accepted? I've been viewing it as -- accept me, and I'll find a client in your database to promote. But it seems like they want me to already have a site that would be really fitting to promote one of their clients. What's the deal?

You are on the right track. Most companies want you to already have a site that's related to their product. Or at least, they want to know your plan for creating the site and how they will be featured.

Typically if you were a newbie attacking things in this order works well:

1st pick a niche, then build a site in that niche, then apply to merchants that fit the niche.

It seems you are trying to find the product 1st and have the order flipped. That could possibly work if you were a pro and know how to do it that way, but it's a hard way to get started.

Have you researched and picked a niche yet? That's the 1st step. We have lots of stickies in our niche forum that can help you with that.

banners
Back