Why do affiliates require a website?

rayee

affiliate
I am new to Affiliate Marketing.

I have background in the following areas:

1. Web Design & Development
2. Email Marketing
3. SEO & PPC

I would like to promote someone else's products and earn commission from it. I thought that all I need to do was blast the link to my subscribers and hopefully, someone would purchase from it and from there I could earn commission

Then, I read somewhere else that affiliates would need websites. I am getting confused by this. I have no problems creating a website but what's the point in creating a website when my job is to direct them to the seller's website?

Can someone please help to elaborate on the various methods so I will be able to understand it better? Thanks!

"I thought that all I need to do was blast the link to my subscribers"

Conversion rates are low if all you are doing is blasting links.

A site and relevent content is the glue that attracts people to you. How are you going to attract subscribers? Why would they subscribe if you have no site, content or anything to offer?

Rayee,
You create your website, put the interesting content in there, so the users really like to pass time on your site. And after you have achieved significant quantity of visits you can put a banner of some relevant product company (merchant) on your site.
The more interesting the contenct of your site, the more visits you have. The more visits you have, the higher are chances that the visitor will click thru the merchant banners and buys something on that site,for which you're going to be awarded commission.

Having a site will also allow you to build a list, which is a very important aspect of affiliate marketing.

Through that list they can get to know, like, and trust you while you provide value and recommend products to them

You don't need a website, initially anyway - you can drive traffic (get people to view your offers a number of ways (Youtube videos, Solo Ads, PPV etc) and then send them directly to an affiliate offer.

Even better, and this is what I teach, is to use the methods above to send people to a squeeze page where they can subscribe to your list and you can promote to them through the email series.

You don't need a website, initially anyway - you can drive traffic (get people to view your offers a number of ways (Youtube videos, Solo Ads, PPV etc) and then send them directly to an affiliate offer.

Even better, and this is what I teach, is to use the methods above to send people to a squeeze page where they can subscribe to your list and you can promote to them through the email series.

That squeeze page would require a website, would it not?

You don't have to have a website, but you will get more sign ups if you have a page with content about for you are promoting. You can get a free blog instead of paying for a website.

That squeeze page would require a website, would it not?

Ah, a thinking man :)

No a website is not necessary, Aweber will host your squeeze page for you. You just pick, and alter if you wish, one of their nice graphical Web Forms and as we say over here in New Zealand "Bobs your uncle" (roughly translated - over and done in a jiffy)

I always use this little 'trick' when I'm looking to start a new ad campaign, say PPV, and want to do a Proof Of Concept. I use an Aweber Web Form because I can have an operational squeeze page up to suit the niche/offer in about 10 minutes flat then I just throw traffic at it and within minutes (for PPV) I can see if I have a potential winner.

---------- Post Merged at 05:59 AM ----------

You don't have to have a website, but you will get more sign ups if you have a page with content about for you are promoting. You can get a free blog instead of paying for a website.

Hmm ... Sorry I have to disagree. I get up to 48% of the people who see my squeeze pages sign up and my squeeze page has nothing more on it than an engaging headline, a graphic that relates to the headline and a big arrow pointing down to were they insert add their email address.

And I caution against using free blogs except for very short term specialized use. Why would you want to put any time into a blog when you don't own the platform and could have it ripped out from under you by the owner (say Google for Blogger, or whatever).

Why when you can get hosting and have your own blog for less than $10 a month?

1- if you have a good amount of traffic you can monitieze your website
2-good content will make visitors come bak for more and that's mean you will be trusted and considered an expert in your chosen niche and eventually your'll end up with more sales (which is what you want)
3-you can build an opt in list and this will be like your goldmine

MI
Back