The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Which VPS package should I choose for running Prosper 202

mowes73

affiliate
Hi, I could people please give their opinion on which VPS package I should by for running prosper 202, I will be running small amounts of traffic to begin with as I'm a noob. Is the first package below still to small? I will be running PPV or 7search to start with and probably sending clicks directly to the offer. I'm asking which is the lowest I can get away with :)

Thanks

Martin

1) Dedi. RAM 256 MB: Burst RAM512 MB CPU* 1 core Disk Space 10GB Transfer 500 GB

2) Dedi. RAM 512 MB: Burst RAM 1GB CPU* 2 core Disk Space 30GB Transfer 1000GB

3) Dedi. RAM 1GB: Burst RAM2.5GB MB CPU* 4 core Disk Space 50GB Transfer 2000GB

4) Dedi. RAM 2GB: Burst RAM 4.5GB CPU* 6 core Disk Space 75GB Transfer 3500GB

if you consider yourself a noob just go with the smallest package. it could be a while before you ever need to upgrade, and there's no point spending more than you need. so long as you are on a VPS you'll likely be fine.

So, do I need to have a VPS to use P202? Or can it be used on my shared hosting account?

Good thing I came across this thread, I'd finally gotten up the nerve to try and figure out how to use it.

if you're just running low volume campaigns you could use shared hosting. but the drawbacks are:

(a) shared hosting pages are not the fastest to load and if you are doing something like PPV marketing where you need to put the offer up before the user can close the page, your campaigns will suffer a lot. in that case you won't know whether the campaign is a loser or it's that your server is handicapping you.

(b) once you get going with your campaigns you'll want the speed advantages of a VPS so you'll have to reinstall prosper 202 on the new host and port the old database across if you want to keep your campaigns.

banners
Back