The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Which is the cheapest paid traffic source for CPA marketing?

Ron C

This is really an absurd question I know.

There are push and popunder.

Extremely cold and hard to convert.

Anything else?

Just would like to get started with CPA with as little investment as possible.

I heard from a friend that you should at least be ready to spend over $500 to see your first profit.

Help me out, please.

Push is running US traffic $44/1000 clicks at one advertiser I looked at yesterday IDK about the quality ...
A decent value offer and the other conditions being good I would expect 150 (at least) conversions from 1000 visits (theoretical)
Any worse there is some problem IMHO.

Traffic segmentation is critical to me: GEO>State is all they have
I want GEO>State>City or better GEO>State>County
best GEO>State>County>postal code or GPS coordinates
That would be worth more to me (like twice the price)

For cheap you get bots and remnant traffic --what the big guys can't sell 1000 visits might only get a few sales

For cheap you get bots and remnant traffic

This is so true.
Cheap traffic might get you loads of clicks but it's hard to make profit, after you optimize you always end up with a tiny trickle of clicks and only earn a couple of dollars a day, if you're lucky.

I think $500 is a good starting point, you can get your feet wet and test a campaign or two but don't expect profit. I would say a sensible investment would be at least $1000 a month for your first three months, and treat that as disposable money. If you learn fast, don't cut corners and put in some effort after three months you should be starting to turn a profit.
The more money you have to invest the better your chances are.

Facebook Ads can be the cheapest paid source if you target the right audience using the right logic. Bing Ads doesn't have as much restrictions as Google Adwords about affiliate marketing offer and the competition is lower compared to Google too. You might be able to run ads with a good ROI ads out there.

This is so true.
Cheap traffic might get you loads of clicks but it's hard to make profit, after you optimize you always end up with a tiny trickle of clicks and only earn a couple of dollars a day, if you're lucky.

I think $500 is a good starting point, you can get your feet wet and test a campaign or two but don't expect profit. I would say a sensible investment would be at least $1000 a month for your first three months, and treat that as disposable money. If you learn fast, don't cut corners and put in some effort after three months you should be starting to turn a profit.
The more money you have to invest the better your chances are.

Yes, I agree. My question was wrong. I should have written "more affordable".

Right, for quality traffic, which do you think is a more affordable option?

Push is running US traffic $44/1000 clicks at one advertiser I looked at yesterday IDK about the quality ...
A decent value offer and the other conditions being good I would expect 150 (at least) conversions from 1000 visits (theoretical)
Any worse there is some problem IMHO.

Traffic segmentation is critical to me: GEO>State is all they have
I want GEO>State>City or better GEO>State>County
best GEO>State>County>postal code or GPS coordinates
That would be worth more to me (like twice the price)

For cheap you get bots and remnant traffic --what the big guys can't sell 1000 visits might only get a few sales

I was hearing William Souza's podcast the other day. And he said that the push trend is declining with recent Chrome updates.

I ran a push campaign with AdMaven recently. Well, I should have let it run to 1000 visits before I threw in the towel. But in a couple of campaigns before, I let it run to a couple of hundred clicks and it still didn't convert. And it was a sweepstake offer!

A few questions:

1. Do you think other geos like Singapore, Denmark or Austria, etc convert better than the Tier-1 countries for these freebie offers?
2. How long do you wait before you make a decision on an offer? After how many clicks?
3. If I go with push ads, which offers do you think work best?

Yes, I was just going through one called SimpleTraffic.co. Don't know if you have heard or not. They were offering extremely cheap traffic and the Trustpilot reviews were great. But a YT review said how he was getting clicks but none of them was converting.

Facebook Ads can be the cheapest paid source if you target the right audience using the right logic. Bing Ads doesn't have as much restrictions as Google Adwords about affiliate marketing offer and the competition is lower compared to Google too. You might be able to run ads with a good ROI ads out there.

I still have not been able to crack FB Ads. I mean, the last campaign I ran, it got a lot of impressions but very few clicks. It was probably to do more with my ads. But the thing is, it's not PPC. So, whether your ads perform or not, you are still paying money for impressions. As Strickland said, FB would require a lot of "disposable" money to make it work.

That's me after subscribing for Big Spy and InterestExplorer.io. That's how dumb I am. :)

This is really an absurd question I know.

There are push and popunder.

Extremely cold and hard to convert.

Anything else?

Just would like to get started with CPA with as little investment as possible.

I heard from a friend that you should at least be ready to spend over $500 to see your first profit.

Help me out, please.

Hi! Push traffic is the cheapest traffic type suitable for both newbies and experienced affiliate marketers.
  • push notifications are hard to ignore;
  • it appears on the screen of any device you use;
  • it has quite a high CTR;
  • the user gets notification even if he is offline.

Hi! Push traffic is the cheapest traffic type suitable for both newbies and experienced affiliate marketers.
  • push notifications are hard to ignore;
  • it appears on the screen of any device you use;
  • it has quite a high CTR;
  • the user gets notification even if he is offline.

Thanks for replying to this post. Your advice is appreciated.

These questions are for you too.

1. Do you think other geos like Singapore, Denmark or Austria, etc convert better than the Tier-1 countries for these freebie offers?
2. How long do you wait before you make a decision on an offer? After how many clicks?

Bottom line: the offer (or its terms) is the problem usually ;)
Is there real value in the offer and is the offer believable?

I don't get what you are trying to say. Are you saying a $100 Walmart credit holds any value or not? That's tricky. For some, it might be. For others, it might not.

It's not like I am going to offer a solution to COVID-19. ;-)

Bottom line: the offer (or its terms) is the problem usually ;)
Is there real value in the offer and is the offer believable?

I was hearing William Souza's podcast the other day. And he said that the push trend is declining with recent Chrome updates.

Chrome 80 update started to limit push notifications and I beleive the new 84 update will almost stop them completely (i think)

Sweeps work well with push, just taks out chrome 80 and above, use a good lander and if you're targeting teir 1 countries pick a sweep using DOI or CC sumbits.
I normally set a daily spend of 4 or 5 times the offer payout, and let it run for 4 days solid without touching a thing. If my ROI is -70% or better I consider optimizing. If it's lower than -70% I kill it.

So, the cheap traffic is 10 real clicks for $7 in real terms if you take the bulk ... 0.70/click or CTR --maybe 1 conversion payout costs you $10 in advertising (at best)<<<can you make money this way?

That's what matters:
  1. the customer's acquisition cost
  2. the customer's LV (lifetime value)
Bottom line profit matters --always

Chrome 80 update started to limit push notifications and I beleive the new 84 update will almost stop them completely (i think)

Sweeps work well with push, just taks out chrome 80 and above, use a good lander and if you're targeting teir 1 countries pick a sweep using DOI or CC sumbits.
I normally set a daily spend of 4 or 5 times the offer payout, and let it run for 4 days solid without touching a thing. If my ROI is -70% or better I consider optimizing. If it's lower than -70% I kill it.

Right, got it.

So, technically, if it converts even a little bit, keep at it.

if it converts even a little bit, keep at it.

Kind of, you need the right offer and you need conversions in the right place in your tracker.

If you choose to promote a sweeps offer with CC submit, contact your AM and ask for the top performing offers by revenue in that vertical. They should send some offers for you to try. Pick one, change your browser to the same country as the offer and try to find it in a spytool. If you find the offer get ideas for creatives and landers from that, set up your campaigns and run with it. If after 4 days your ROI is looking promising start to slowly optimise.

Thanks for replying to this post. Your advice is appreciated.

These questions are for you too.

1. It fully depends on your budget. Mind that Tier 1 countries require a huge budget and experience as the competition there is really high.
2. It definitely depends on the CPA. If CPA is more than $10 and you don't get conversions for 5xCPA you should definitely change anything.
3. Nutra, sweepstakes, gambling work great with push traffic bringing a lot of conversions.

1. It fully depends on your budget. Mind that Tier 1 countries require a huge budget and experience as the competition there is really high.
2. It definitely depends on the CPA. If CPA is more than $10 and you don't get conversions for 5xCPA you should definitely change anything.
3. Nutra, sweepstakes, gambling work great with push traffic bringing a lot of conversions.

Thanks so much for replying.
Would you suggest push or popunders for someone starting out? I read in sone blog that it is extremely low cost and perfect to try offers. What do you think?

90% to 20% bots --useless traffic pops
View attachment 17479

that's $0.2265 cents per visit NET
If 1:50 converted that would be fine --they did not
intent or page load speed --IDK

Ah, I knew something was wrong.

So many clicks without a single conversion.

Then pop traffic is a complete waste of time!

(Yes, I can wait for that one conversion from the human part of the traffic but that's unpredictable and not scalable.)

pops are a lot more expensive when you only count the valid hits ... cheap pops are very, very trashy --but they are cheap :D

Yes, that's what I figure. In that case, push ads is the way to go.

Ran a few campaigns before but I just don't seem to be able to convert any offer.

I bought Anstrex yesterday and already got the most converting landers package from Adplexity.

Last campaign, I could not get even one conversion out of 600-700 clicks.

For some of the offers that pay a high amount per lead, I am scared of spending 5x that CPL amount. I will only lose money and still end up with no conversions.

I have harpooned a few whale spenders with live cams that made me big money ;)
I am setting up for a preschool reading program that each conversion is averaging $167 (supposedly --we will see) ...
Why? So the ads might pay off ... if I get 1:100 -- 1:200 CR I'll make bank
This would be so vanilla I could run SEM or Facebook NP ...

Thanks so much for replying.
Would you suggest push or popunders for someone starting out? I read in sone blog that it is extremely low cost and perfect to try offers. What do you think?

Pops are great for the start as they don't require preparing creatives. But be careful with the traffic quality: pops are risky as there can be lots of bots.

You can definitely start from push as well. Everything depends on the offer and your budget. The perfect bundle will show nice results.

MI
Back