The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Which Affiliate Network is Best for a Merchant?

G

glasseslit

Hi,

I have looked into joining a few affiliate networks to promote my site and product.
However, many have high setup fees like CJ.
Do you know any without setup fees?

Which network do you feel is best? Its for fashion&accessories(eyeglasses and sunglasses).

Thanks

Did you try to start from the product?
like finding the product you want to promote and then see if the website that sells it has an affiliate program

Hi LottoPartners,

We built our own website about eyeglasses and sunglasses at the end of 2013. And from the end of last month, we built the account on SAS for looking publishers. But until now, we just about 60 publishers and no sales. So i think that maybe we should try more affiliate network, like CJ or webgains ot others, but i do not which one is better? Or what can I do after create the account? Just waiting the application from publishers? :(

April from Glasseslit

try to map the problem:

1. Income traffic and no sales - check yourself and try to figure out why there are no conversions

2. No traffic at all -
A. Try to contact your publishers and ask them why they don't send you traffic
B. Check your offers comparing to your competitors, maybe they prefer to promote another brand because its more attractive for them....

Nice day!

Want to share a good news, we got first sale from SAS yesterday, give me more encourage and faith to do it!

1-we used FB about 6 months, and used SAS about 2 weeks. We can check the traffic from SAS this week now, hope we can get more order from SAS.

2-You offer me a good advise, I should contact with the publishers, I should not wait. Thank you!
Our competitors offer high commission, about 12-20%, we just offer 8% for begin now. And our competitors use affiliate network many years, but we just 20 days. They have built their market and customer quantity. We should learn from them, they are my best teacher.

Thank you for offering me so important information!

PS : you should sleep early, you replied me at 1:34 AM, it is not good for health. Is it related about your work? Take care.

The biggest problem is the traffic. I am currently working with Clickbank & Amazon and I am pretty confident with them! :)

The biggest problem is the traffic. I am currently working with Clickbank & Amazon and I am pretty confident with them! :)

Yes, you are right!

We got 2 sales last week.
According Lotto Partners's advise, we offer high commission and more products for publisher. The traffic is better now. The social media is important too.

So am i right in thinking you have a site and sell your own products, but want offer people to become affiliates? If so, it's interesting to read from this perspective.

If it's the right sort of site, you would possibly be able to guest post on my site and link back to yours. Let me know if you are interested.

So am i right in thinking you have a site and sell your own products, but want offer people to become affiliates? If so, it's interesting to read from this perspective.

If it's the right sort of site, you would possibly be able to guest post on my site and link back to yours. Let me know if you are interested.

Yes, you are right! I will PM you later.

Any problem, feel free to contact me.

Hi glasseslit

The very first thing you should do when searching for an affiliate network to add your offer on is to consider the type of product(s) you would like to add and the type of commission you would like to offer.

You already mentioned you are looking for an affiliate network that can get you affiliates to promote your eyeglasses and sunglasses. This means that you have physical products that should be promoted, so you can scratch out affiliate networks that offer digital products.

As you also already mentioned, CJ is too expensive for setting up a campaign, which means you are looking for a network that will give you a free merchant account, or maybe a trial.

Here's a few suggestions you can try to get some affiliates to promote your products:

Set up your own affiliate program

If you already have a good amount of traffic on your website, you should consider starting your own affiliate program. Having your own affiliate program has it's own advantages and disadvantages - for example, you won't be able to utilize an existing database of affiliates, but you will be able to start an affiliate program with minimal to no cost to you, and you won't have to share any of the commission you make with an affiliate network.

You can try these programs to set up an affiliate program for yourself. Some of them charges fees, some of them are free:

Lead Dyno - Affiliate Tracking Software
Affiliate Marketing Software
Affiliate Management Software :: eLitius Affiliate Management Software (Free)
http://www.netrefer.com/

Set up a merchant account at an affiliate network

Your other option would be to set up a merchant account with an affiliate network. As you already specified that CJ is too expensive, here's a list of alternative affiliate networks you can create a merchant account with.

AvantLink - Merchants
http://www.onenetworkdirect.com/index.html
Affiliate Future
AdMedia Online Ad Network | Affiliate Advertising Solutions
Connect and grow with Tradedoubler performance marketing

E-junkie Shopping Cart for selling downloads tangible goods
Merchants Affiliate Network |Paydot Affiliate Network
Advertisers - CPA BEYOND
Login - Affiliate Trading Network

You should note that due to the complexity of setting up a merchant account, there's usually an initial fee that needs to be paid. Some networks will take this initial fee as the setup fee of your account, while others only require this fee as an initial deposit, and the fee will be distributed towards your first affiliate payments and costs involved.

I also suggest you contact these companies and explain to them what you are looking for, this will give you a chance to connect with them and help them understand your needs better.

Turn your customers into affiliates

Here's another tip that can help you reach new customers through affiliate partners. If you decide to add your own affiliate program, or use a third-party script to manage affiliates, you should ask your past customers to promote a special link for you - set up a short "how to" document and share the document with them, and be sure to include a special link for them in an email or so. Even if they can simply share the link on their social media walls, it's already a great way to increase exposure.

Hi glasseslit

The very first thing you should do when searching for an affiliate network to add your offer on is to consider the type of product(s) you would like to add and the type of commission you would like to offer.

You already mentioned you are looking for an affiliate network that can get you affiliates to promote your eyeglasses and sunglasses. This means that you have physical products that should be promoted, so you can scratch out affiliate networks that offer digital products.

As you also already mentioned, CJ is too expensive for setting up a campaign, which means you are looking for a network that will give you a free merchant account, or maybe a trial.

Here's a few suggestions you can try to get some affiliates to promote your products:

Set up your own affiliate program

If you already have a good amount of traffic on your website, you should consider starting your own affiliate program. Having your own affiliate program has it's own advantages and disadvantages - for example, you won't be able to utilize an existing database of affiliates, but you will be able to start an affiliate program with minimal to no cost to you, and you won't have to share any of the commission you make with an affiliate network.

You can try these programs to set up an affiliate program for yourself. Some of them charges fees, some of them are free:

Lead Dyno - Affiliate Tracking Software
Affiliate Marketing Software
Affiliate Management Software :: eLitius Affiliate Management Software (Free)
http://www.netrefer.com/

Set up a merchant account at an affiliate network

Your other option would be to set up a merchant account with an affiliate network. As you already specified that CJ is too expensive, here's a list of alternative affiliate networks you can create a merchant account with.

AvantLink - Merchants
http://www.onenetworkdirect.com/index.html
Affiliate Future
AdMedia Online Ad Network | Affiliate Advertising Solutions
Connect and grow with Tradedoubler performance marketing

E-junkie Shopping Cart for selling downloads tangible goods
Merchants Affiliate Network |Paydot Affiliate Network
Advertisers - CPA BEYOND
Login - Affiliate Trading Network

You should note that due to the complexity of setting up a merchant account, there's usually an initial fee that needs to be paid. Some networks will take this initial fee as the setup fee of your account, while others only require this fee as an initial deposit, and the fee will be distributed towards your first affiliate payments and costs involved.

I also suggest you contact these companies and explain to them what you are looking for, this will give you a chance to connect with them and help them understand your needs better.

Turn your customers into affiliates

Here's another tip that can help you reach new customers through affiliate partners. If you decide to add your own affiliate program, or use a third-party script to manage affiliates, you should ask your past customers to promote a special link for you - set up a short "how to" document and share the document with them, and be sure to include a special link for them in an email or so. Even if they can simply share the link on their social media walls, it's already a great way to increase exposure.

Thanks for your kindly advise.

Now we use the ShareASale now, and have own affiliate program.

You offer me some better choice, about the past customers. It is a good idea. Thank you.

Hi,

I have looked into joining a few affiliate networks to promote my site and product.
However, many have high setup fees like CJ.
Do you know any without setup fees?

Which network do you feel is best? Its for fashion&accessories(eyeglasses and sunglasses).

Thanks

Hi there,

I am associated with an emerging affiliate network and we can help you promote your website through our affiliates.

Please feel free to message me here, if this sounds interesting.

Thanks,

Hiren Bhatia
Affiliate marketing by avaz | no 1 ad network in MENA

MI
Back