The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Where To Start?

C

Cavalier07

Hi Guys,

With there being currently 3 pages of guides and me being new to affiliate marketing what would you recommend me looking at first and giving a shot.

Tom

Great question Tom.

I think it's going to depend on the stage you are at and your current marketing methods. K has installed a great menu just above the forum (but below the nav) where you can filter down what you would like to learn, be it PPC, SEO, Video Marketing, Landing Page Design etc etc.

If there is something you'd like to know or see a guide on, just write it here and either me or someone in here will be sure to get the content out to you ASAP!

What is your current experience? Are you direct linking on POF? Marketing pages on Facebook?

Let us know and I'll help you get in the right direction.

Hi Andy

I was looking for something along the lines of how to pick a niche or campaign to promote something along those lines.

I am looking into building a landing page and moving on from there. Maybe try a bit of mobile affiliate marketing.

Ok great stuff, in terms of picking a niche, there are few ways to go about it and I'm sure someone will be able to chuck in their 2 cents too.

1) Pick something you are passionate about
2) Speak to your AM at the affiliate network to see what is performing well on the network, then take it from there.

As for building landing pages, this is something I enjoy so am working on many more posts to add to the forum but in the mean time it's well worth checking out the Landing Page section of 'The Dojo'.

As a beginner, there are many campaigns your AM may recommend along with traffic sources.

Do you have a budget to play with or are you looking to build out a site using SEO?

Thanks for the info

Was looking at using SEO but do have a small budget I can use if needed

Here's my breakdown of it...

SEO = If you have time, patience, and can battle off the sharks (algorithm) updates this is a great way to build an empire. Whether it be mini sites, blogs, authority sites, etc. I personally look at my SEO projects as the more long-term projects of my efforts.

PPC/Media Buys/Other Paid Advertising = Quick cash. When you need to buckle down and get some bankroll this is the quickest way to generate revenue. Keep in mind though, it does take attention to detail and adaptation just like anything else. However, when you crack the winning solution it can pay off pretty well.

This is really the question that dominates the mind of newbies in the IM and CPA world.
You guys are right. Picking your interest and doing the stuff you already know and so on.
I think the best way for newbies to start is to test the waters.. If you feel it, then stick to it.
I did that when I started. I did some reading, applied it, some works, some don't.
Just don't get stuck with "moving to the next method" stage. Find the method that you can say to yourself - "I CAN DO THIS"
and stick to it. Master it. Make money!
and Then, the most famous line. "Rinse and Repeat"

I want to try now PPC/PPV/Media buys. I've been and still am into SEO but it's a lot of work and requires a lot of patience, time and even money.

Hope with PPC will get much better results.

BTW... how much do you invest daily into PPC (the ones that are doing it)?

banners
Back