The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Where To Start As A Newbie Online

Sharessat

affiliate
Hi There,

I am going to provide some basic information as to where to start and what do be doing as a newbie trying to make money online. First of all be patient, be very patient. It will feel many times like you are not making any progress but if you apply some very simple and basic steps you will ultimately succeed online, but it all starts with patience.

So Why Patience?

Well the real reason right to the point is it simply takes time to build an online business to the point to where you are getting enough traffic to make any real money BOTTOM LINE!

I mean I could set expectations of you making millions of dollars overnight but really who am I kidding here. The few that do make tons of money overnight have been working to build a contact list so huge that it is possible for many years.

I am not trying to push anyone away from building a online business I am just telling you what others will not tell you and thus cause you to spend too much money and time feeling like you are a failure when you are not they are the failures for not setting the proper expectation.

So what should you be doing?

Building a website or blog it the first thing you should do. I mean you don't have to have any web design experience there are many places out there where you can simply input text or an article and pick through a few templates and the site is built for you. But whatever you do you want to have a place that you can advertise what you want when you want.

Next TRAFFIC , not only traffic but targeted traffic that is more easily converted to paying customers or signups for your services. Before you can even start to make money you have to be known I mean people have to be going to your site looking for what you have to offer.

There are many ways to drive traffic and I will cover some of those in a later post, but if you can be patient enough to drive the traffic you need to your site you will succeed Online.
:D:D:D:D:D

Very good post.

Few things to add.

Do your research. Not just keyword research. Learn your market.

Do not be afraid to test things out. If you only want to commit to building one website, then test niches out on free sources until you get one that hits.

As far as traffic is concerned. Learn to write articles. These are your lifeblood. Even if you specialize in PPC you will eventually want to build at least some of your sites with SEO traffic to further expand your business. I would argue that EVERY new affiliate should start with articles then build the rest around it.

Another thing to do when looking to be successful in Affiliate Marketing is have a good product that everyone not only needs, but more importantly that everyone WANTS. You really need to ensure that once you get the traffic to your site you have a great product that draws at the emotions of the people who visit your site.

Most of the people who make purchases online don't buy because they need what they buy, but rather because they want what they buy. This is one of the true keys to being a successful Allifiate Marketer. Although this is not the only thing as there are many to consider, this is a very important part of being successful online. Well I hope this help you along your journey to online success...
:):):):):)

Good point about patience. Unfortunately, IM has gotten a reputation with a scammy feel to it because of all the charlatans preying on newbies and people's greed. But it's a great profession for ethical people as well, and newbies need to know that just like any business, it takes time to build. You wouldn't start a brick-and-mortar store in your town and expect to be making a profit immediately - same with IM.

Well put Serena, the Internet Marketing (IM) business is just like any other business. No business opens its doors today and is instally in the GREEN tomorrow. Likewise people must and I mean must get away from the idea that your business IM or whatever does not take an investment of some kind whether it is money or time you simply have to invest something in order to get a return on that investment. It is really just that simple!

Most people are looking for something for nothing, and they do not understand the concept of business overhead or investment. Well thanks for the good comment, because you are right IM does seem to have a scammy feel to it now days and that is unfortunate.

Yea I agree with others here. For any business you need to keep patience although i know it can be frustrating many times and it is easy to say have patience

But I guess that is the way it works. Many people want get rich overnight.

The lack of patience is most of the time the reason why many people fail in online business.

There are people convinced that they can make huge money without any effort and in a short period of time.

Any genuine online business needs time to grow and to expand; if you want to have success you have to research the market and see how it is working. Everything needs time. I say that you need about 3 to 6 month to see the potential of any business and where is taking you.

Don't just jump ahead and quit some business after 1 month or 2, as you could be losing the big picture and potential high earnings.

It Works

I have seen many suggestions to make money - but this offer actually makes sense and it delivers. One person [at least] has made $10,000 per month using this technique. That is a real claim. I haven’t made that yet - but I am working on it. If you’re interested please check it out. Or feel free to email me fbindustries84 at yahoo dot com

I have been doing this for 2 years but the money is very real. If your looking for a program where you sign up and make money this is not for you. With any really program you will have to do some work.

It is not nice from you to spam the forum. Your post is not relevant to this thread.

Patience and a plan of action is the most important when getting started.

Hi everyone

I have to agree with the fact that patience plays a big role when starting with affiliate marketing. The one thing that I have realized is you need to have a solid plan of action. An internet business is like building a house. You need to have a plan and work from the plan. The plan will keep you focused and monitor your progress. It does not work shooting a few shots in the dark and hope you will hit something. You need to know exactly what you are going to do, to drive traffic and how to pick the right product.

I have discovered that without this in place you will loose focus very easily. I am following a plan of action that has helped me to make my first sales as an affiliate marker. The moment you make your first sales you start building confidence and you know you have done something right. I focus to build a new campaign every week. It does take time and patience. So far I have not spend any money on advertising and my sales are increasing every month.

If you want to have a good start in this business I can help you with a plan of action that will lead you step by step for 7 days. I have been using this very successfuly. :)

Making the first sale is the first step in making a million sales. But making the first sale is always the hardest, thus the need to stay the course. Don't jump ship before the ship can set sell. Be sure you take the time to undestand what it takes to make it online, and you will do well.

My success online is based on just four things:

- finding the niche
- building an email list
- getting traffic
- having your own products.

I repeat this for as many niches as I want, and every single one is profitable. Not even the website or blog needed, and very easy to set up.

banners
Back