The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What's your greatest obstacle with affiliate marketing?

CoreyMana

affiliate
Hi guys, I've been reading many articles online about the challenges and obstacles new affiliates face when starting out and wonder if it's been the same with you? Everyone will have their own challenges when building their own affiliate marketing business. So what have been some of the challenges you have faced and overcome? Was it the amount of knowledge you had to learn? The time it takes to setup? Costs- if any?

Analysis paralysis and feeling like the work I'm doing is not good enough and I'm wasting my time.

Most of it is mind games, if I just sat down and cranked out the work then I could probably be successful.

I think a huge part of it is not fully seeing the vision or not being able to articulate it from thought, to journal, to actionable steps, to taking the next action step necessary to move the project forward.

On top of all of this, procrastination and distraction is a huge issue for me.

Not having enough reliable data to make business decisions.
Too many closed silos with little transparency.
A least in the stock market there is data available to the public and not that biased analysis.

The are always unknown issues in business that will influence the bottom line on both the negative and positive sides --I know this.

Last week I bought Terex (TEX) and then their competitor John Deer got hit with a worker union strike --TEX went up 10% in the 2 days I owned the stock and I sold it --booked the gain (profit).

Well, the situation was common knowledge before TEX stock fell to my algorithmic order price --Why?

TEX changed the company's CFO (Chief Financial Officer) --panic selling.
Blood in the water and I won.
I had an open order at a low ball price for a week --10% below the 5 day floating average price.
This required valid data.

AM has no valid data unless you pay for it yourself.
Why should I have to pay to validate your traffic or your offer?
I would not buy a business without seeing the books.

Back when I started in 2004 this business was different.

And finding that partner is one of the biggest affiliate challenges. An affiliate partner isn't just a regular marketer hired to promote your brand, but rather someone who will help you promote your brand to their customers and share insights (or resources) with you.

A least in the stock market there is data available to the public and not that biased analysis.

The are always unknown issues in business that will influence the bottom line on both the negative and positive sides --I know this.

Last week I bought Terex (TEX) and then their competitor John Deer got hit with a worker union strike --TEX went up 10% in the 2 days I owned the stock and I sold it --booked the gain (profit).

Well, the situation was common knowledge before TEX stock fell to my algorithmic order price --Why?

I had an open order at a low ball price for a week --10% below the 5 day floating average price.

Back when I started in 2004 this business was diff

I agree. Back when I first got into AM in 2007, data was free and somewhat readily available from AM platforms. It's too expensive to buy a report.

And finding that partner is one of the biggest affiliate challenges. An affiliate partner isn't just a regular marketer hired to promote your brand, but rather someone who will help you promote your brand to their customers and share insights (or resources) with you.
I guess in the perfect world, affiliate partners will join your business to help you promote your brand to their customers but unfortunately a large percentage fail to do so effectively.

An affiliate partner isn't just a regular marketer hired to promote your brand,
What SALARY do you pay? None probably.
Affiliates, smart ones, do not promote your brand LMAO.
Register a trademark and and hire a publicist, retainer paid up front and spend YOUR money on brand advertising if you need brand promotion.

That line of thought is really insulting and a sign of someone not solvent to do business with (IMHO) I would just walk away shaking my head.

I am my biggest obstacle
Back last summer I saw a demand using Google Trends (free)
Used Ubersuggest's Free Keyword Tool, Generate More Suggestions (free and premium) to quantify that demand in numbers
Found supply using Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more. (free)
Joined the affilate program at Amazon.com Associates Central (free)
Registered a domain name ($10) and monthly hosting ($15/mo)
Built a website using WordPress.com: Fast, Secure Managed WordPress Hosting (free)
Installed WooCommerce (free) and Google Analytics (free)
Added products that met my quality checklist
Kept improving my website with anything my competitors were doing and Google recommended
And I made thousands of dollars
To this day that one site has earned me $14,000 i just over a year
All my mistakes were self inflicted
I got depressed
Didn't keep updating my traffic and earning spreadsheet
Stopped monitoring competitord
Stopped adding new products
Kept trying to promote a trend that was no longer in demand
Simple and easy things things
I have no excuses or complaints
All the data, offers help and tech is readily available if you keep looking
Most of it is free bar your time
I am my own worst enemy
My system touches only one tiny corner of affiliate marketing
But it works, it works, it really works
Now I don't have the time I had when I was sitting at home in a comfy chair during lockdown
I have am physically hard job
No energy left at the days end
The only way back is to create more time
Be in no doubt there are millions of dollars to be made in this industry
Newcommers can easily tap into it
But watch out for the trap I fell into
It left me homeless, from a position of relative wealth

Last edited:
Your Title

What's your greatest obstacle with affiliate marketing?​

My Title
As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started
382 Replies

This will always be a popular and gripping topic!
@T J Tutor
I had no problem getting started
Because I NEEDED the money
How many people on this forum really need the money to pay bills and buy food?
I imagine it's very very low
And I bet it contributes to the very very high failure rate?
If you need it badly enough then you will find a way

I am my biggest obstacle
Back last summer I saw a demand using Google Trends (free)
Used Ubersuggest's Free Keyword Tool, Generate More Suggestions (free and premium) to quantify that demand in numbers
Found supply using Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more. (free)
Joined the affilate program at Amazon.com Associates Central (free)
Registered a domain name ($10) and monthly hosting ($15/mo)
Built a website using WordPress.com: Fast, Secure Managed WordPress Hosting (free)
Installed WooCommerce (free) and Google Analytics (free)
Added products that met my quality checklist
Kept improving my website with anything my competitors were doing and Google recommended
And I made thousands of dollars
To this day that one site has earned me $14,000 i just over a year
All my mistakes were self inflicted
I got depressed
Didn't keep updating my traffic and earning spreadsheet
Stopped monitoring competitord
Stopped adding new products
Kept trying to promote a trend that was no longer in demand
Simple and easy things things
I have no excuses or complaints
All the data, offers help and tech is readily available if you keep looking
Most of it is free bar your time
I am my own worst enemy
My system touches only one tiny corner of affiliate marketing
But it works, it works, it really works
Now I don't have the time I had when I was sitting at home in a comfy chair during lockdown
I have am physically hard job
No energy left at the days end
The only way back is to create more time
Be in no doubt there are millions of dollars to be made in this industry
Newcommers can easily tap into it
But watch out for the trap I fell into
It left me homeless, from a position of relative wealth
No one can deny that's the best comment so far

✿ Samira ✿

promoting bad products and seeing no conversions. In order to be successful, you should have some kind of interest in your niche so you're not just blindly promoting products you know nothing about

Well, I think that the greatest obstacle that I had with affiliate marketing was the lack of reliable platforms. Most of them were affiliate frauds, and it took me a long time to discover TraffCore with Sweepstake Smartlinks. But I think it was all worth it because, in the end, I managed to increase my income a lot.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've been reading many articles online about the challenges and obstacles new affiliates face when starting out and wonder if it's been the same with you? Everyone will have their own challenges when building their own affiliate marketing business. So what have been some of the challenges you have faced and overcome? Was it the amount of knowledge you had to learn? The time it takes to setup? Costs- if any?
There are many obstacles, truth to be told, when you begin with your affiliate activities. The first one is that you really need to fill up with knowledge and learn every single detail about this business, as otherwise, you won't be able to make smart business decisions. You also need to be very careful which network will you join and with whom you will partner with, as from this depends how high profit you will make. Many affiliates also face some issues while trying to find suitable niches for them, it's not always easy to decide where is the best to invest and with which verticals to start.

Honestly, finding affiliates in general whether good or bad has been my biggest challenge. The best I could find so far were among our customers and maybe some of the people who are very loyal to our brand but other than that, no one seemed really interested to join. That's why I'm doing more research now.

banners
Back