The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

What's the most difficult thing for a newbie affiliate marketer?

What is the most difficult thing in affiliate marketing?

• Building traffic

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Converting traffic

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Making the first sale

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding a good niche

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Keep it going

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Finding good knowledge resources

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please Explain Below

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

cdorob

affiliate
Hi,

I just can't decide what's the most difficult thing for a newbie affiliate marketer so I could help them out to sell the products in our network. What do you think?

getting traffic?
converting?
find good niches?
making the first sale?

I'm voting for: "Keep it going"

GREAT poll Cristian! Thanks so much for posting it.
I'm anxious to see the replies as well.

You may want to add one more option - OTHER
so that if there are other challenges you didn't think
to mention they can be brought to light.

You may want to add one more option - OTHER
so that if there are other challenges you didn't think
to mention they can be brought to light.

Other just gives too much liberty. We will never find out what's behind the "other" thing.

Besides, I have no idea how to edit the poll?

Well the thing is if we put OTHER I would also add "explain below".
So we might get answers like building the site or picking the right merchants
or whatever. If you want I can edit. I'm not sure you can.
No big deal just a suggestion. PM me if you want me to add it.

I was really torn and was trying to just forget what I know and put myself in a newbies shoes. I was torn between 1,2 and 4. But I picked traffic. Because without good targeted traffic nothing else will happen.

Hi Christan,

My vote is "keep it going". It's difficult at the beginning to keep it up because we all have difficulties the feel the small failures and the willing to learn before we start getting success.

Sometimes, people only want buttons to push on and if they don't find them, they simply give up. They want it easy but it's not necessarely.

By the way, I find your survey very interesting!

Thanks!

I picked "Building Traffic".

It's the lifeblood of any website that hopes to make money.

You can't "convert" what you don't have.

But it all is kinda one process. Sorta.

I voted for making the "conversion"...

There are so many ways of getting traffic to your site or landing page. The real challenge is making a customer out of a visitor. This is where this equation take its role :

Good content (info,service or product) + SEO + PPC, Paid back links, Forum posts to similar niche, banners, etc. = Great traffic and more targeted traffic!

Getting targeted traffic is just a prelude to conversion. What's essential is how you match your target's needs with what you offer. That is (on a PPC scenario), when a visitor is searching for a "cheap jewelry" - you should be able to offer the same or more. Selling for me isn't just partly making the sale, customer satisfaction should also be utmostly considered ;)

I voted for "Other" and that would be patience. Any real business takes patience and time. No get-rich-quick. No million overnight. It takes time and perseverance. In two years you will be able to tell whether any business will succeed or fail. The good thing about working online is there is not a lot to lose. You can always dust yourself off and start again.

If you expect to make a good deal of money soon after you begin, you're setting yourself up for disappointment and failure. That type of success is very much the exception, not the rule. You will either decide to quit or move on to the next fad thing that the wind has blown in. Rinse and repeat. Not a good cycle to get into. It tends to attack the old ego after a bit! ;)

Pick a couple things and concentrate on them. Work them hard and, especially, work them smart. Learn all you can about them. Don't try to juggle a bunch at the same time. You're spreading yourself too thin and nothing will work well. Pick a couple, work them well, when they start to prove worthy, only then think about moving to something else.

Patience is my answer, Grasshopper, patience. ;)

Personally what I think is that the most difficult thing to do is making some sort of network..
What I mean with this, buidling the right team around you so the selling get's easier.

I would rate Converting traffic as the most difficult thing for a new affiliate marketer. Even though we get thousands of visits per site but after all land only with just a few conversions.

banners
Back