The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Whats the difference between Traffic Exchanges Auto Surf and PTC sites

Forestx

I know what these sites are a such but wondering what is the different between PTC and auto surfing. Are they the same thing or get traffic to the same way and how tie in with traffic exchanges

You've actually just named a list of different types of websites.
It's almost ironic as I have experience running pretty much all of these websites.

Traffic Exchange
A traffic exchange is, in laments terms, a website that allows people to trade traffic. This can be for traffic in return, or virtual currency, but typically this currency will be to pay for traffic in return.

Traffic Exchanges are a good way to get some semi-okay traffic to a website, but these will typically produce an issue with your average bounce rate. If the visitor of the site doesn't interact with it and simply clicks off, it'll heavily affect your score.

PTC Websites
PTC (Paid to click) is typically known as a website that allows people to get a small amount of money for clicking on ads. The webmaster will make some revenue from each click, and in some cases will share it with the user. This also crosses over into GPT, which can contain PTC/CPC offers.

Many people used to believe the PTC websites were the best thing to use to make money, but it really was never that profitable, especially now as it's become increasingly harder to find such offers.

PTC websites can appear to be a copy of a Traffic Exchange, in the sense that you are going to a website, and then getting rewarded for doing it, but typically PTC doesn't allow users to reuse the earnings they made to promote their own websites, and PTC traffic is very poor traffic, and many advertisers will ban or not count traffic found in connection with PTC.

thanks for that but what is auto surf then and how does it fit in. Also is it possible as a webmaster to sell traffic to such exchanges

An autosurf site is a traffic exchange, they don't pay you money for your traffic. You stick your link on the site and it rotates through an automatic surfing on computers where other people have their sites rotating through the autosurf.

It works like a regular traffic exchange, except nobody has to click anything because it automatically flips through links and I doubt anybody, anywhere has ever looked at one of those ads/sites.

Thanks
I was wondering because I got my first ban yesterday from an ad network for sending autosurf traffic. I wasnt promoting via TE but was using some blackhat stuff. Not that important

Thanks
I was wondering because I got my first ban yesterday from an ad network for sending autosurf traffic. I wasnt promoting via TE but was using some blackhat stuff. Not that important

Oh yeah, never ever use traffic exchanges for offers or selling ad space. BH stuff usually isn't the best idea. :D

banners
Back