The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What would happen?

JWales

Ok so i have been thinking a long time about a possible situation that could happen and i couldnt think of an outcome, maybe you can :).

ok so if i had a site called: www.stoppanicattacks.com Coming Soon! (might be a real site)

and i wanted to rank in google for the keywords "panic attacks" and "stop panic attacks" and both of the top results for both keyphrases had 50 backlinks each so i made 110 good quality backlinks (55 for each keyphrase) would i then be p

That would be a good start, but number of backlinks is only one of many factors that go into ranking. You would want to make sure your backlinks and your content are relevant to the keyphrase, for one thing.

I don't think we'll ever know the exact formula that Google uses to rank websites. However, just getting a high number of backlinks won't help you outrank other pages. They need to be quality backlinks from authority sites that have high page ranks of PR4 and above. At least that's what I've found from my own experience.

i guess when i start ill just have to go with what i have learnt:

1. quality backlinks

2. include keywords on site but make it look natural

and

3. get my site onto directories and leave my backlink once i have written quality content

Exactly, and don't forget to create backlinks from multiple sources, it's important for Google. You can do:

- blog commenting
- social bookmarking
- profile backlinks
- article marketing

Hope that helps! ;)

Hi I just ran stop panic attacks through Market Samurai for you, and it's showing the top site as being an ezine article, having a PR of 3, with 2,220 links back to the page... and countless internal links from ezinearticles.com ... it's going to be a hard road.

However the next 9 results all look fairly easy to beat, with the number two position only having 99 links back to their page on "end panic attacks"

Good luck!

banners
Back