The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What will it take?

AdsertiveJen

Hi everyone,

This question is for all of the affiliates. I would just like to know what it takes for you personally to try out a new affiliate network. I know there are a lot of affiliate networks competing for your business, and many of you may have been burned in the past by a network. I also realize that many of you are already involved in multiple networks, so I was just curious what would you need from a network in order to test them out. We can guarantee to pay net 15 and try to give you the highest payout on offers you're interested in. We've also been in the industry for about 4 years now so we have a proven track record, but I know sometimes this isn't always enough. I would really appreciate any feedback or comments on "what it takes" for you to give a new network a try? Thank you in advance.

In order to try an affiliate program, I need to feel comfortable with the company first. Then I need to believe that the product/service is not going to be something that annoys visitors. I have to feel that there is something about it that cj doesn't offer yet. I also need to see income opportunity. Don't try to get people away from programs they are using, rather do something that can be beneficial in addition to what is already being advertised. Just my 2 cents for now.

Thanks for your responses Mike and my2cents. I do agree with you that affiliate networks should try to offer some kind of "new" benefit because it's hard for people to give business to a new company when they already have an established relationship with another one.

Hi Jennifer,

The fact that there are so many new networks springing up all the time must make it very hard to differentiate yours from the others. There are only so many features you can pack into a network and most have all the main ones. But really the same holds true for hosting or any other competitive market. In the end support and customer service probably wins, but how can you let people experience that unless they join?

Hi Linda,

Yes it is an uphill battle, trying to convince people that you are worthy of trying out and that you're not trying to scam them or take advantage. I will say this, we do value our customer service and affiliate relationships here very highly. It's kind of like Jet Blue Airline's tagline they have scrolling across the TV's on their planes, if anyone's familiar... "Without you, we'd just be flying a bunch of TV's around." (Or something like that ;)) Anyways, hopefully you get my point that without our affiliates we wouldn't be here, so we appreciate that fact.

Jennifer --

Other than offering advertisers that aren't available on other networks, my suggestion is to drop the minimum payout and allow PayPal payments.

That's what has helped me with my in house program. It's by invitation only, shows my affiliates what's in it for them, sends them a payment every month via PayPal.

Seeing an amount of return from a program, no matter how small (especially for newbies) on a consistent basis is very motivational and helps the affiliate continue to work to increase commissions.

Of course communication is HUGE. Sadly I can count on one hand the affiliate managers I've heard from for programs on the large networks.

Best regards,

Denise O'Berry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Denise,

Thanks for giving Jennifer feedback and welcome to the 5 Star forums. Hope you come back often to share your 2 cents with us!

Hi Denis,

Thank you for your response. I believe the minimum payment threshold is in place to help with fraud somewhat, but I do see your point about discouraging new affiliates. I know especially for search marketing affiliates it can take a while to get a campaign up and running and if they start it at the end of the month, they may not reach the $25 minimum payment threshold. We do rollover payments though, so if an affiliate were to reach that amount in the next month, they would still receive the money they originally generated. I have requested that that be added into our T&C's to make it more evident. Also, I did some research on other networks for their payment methods and I only found a few that offer payments through Paypal as one of their options. I think I will post a new thread to see how many affiliates are interested in that option. Thanks again for the advice! :)

I've Been Through A Couple Businesses

And I always found that with each one of them that I left they had the following characteristics:

1. Lousy Help Desk Support. It could be a good business idea but if they are not going to offer you any support then how can I correct what I am doing?

2. No support from Upline. I always hate when someone markets me to death and then I finally join the business and then they dissapear. I joined an offline network marketing organization once and paid $360 to join. Once I joined about a couple weeks into it the guy who signed me up quit! Now how is that going to motivate me to stay in?

3. No Phone Number

4. A lot of meetings. I left because I wanted a true home business

5. Didn't feel comfortable with the product I was marketing. I once was a distributor in the Herbalife program. This was the first network marketing program I ever joined. I was so excited, but when I finally got out there trying to do the business I just couldn't find joy in selling weight loss products and dealing with overweight women. Not only that I was always concerned about what would happen If somebody bought the product and got sick.

The program that I choose to join must not contain these things that I have listed in order for me to take a part in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back