The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What was your Background Before Affiliate Marketing?

Linda Buquet

affiliate
What was your background before affiliate marketing?
How did you come to get in the business?

OK I'll start.

I was in sales and sales management for many years. Prior to AM I had my own SEO company and right after that was Director of Ecommerce. I started their affiliate program from scratch with CJ. Then after a year started my own affiliate management company and that led me to where I am today.

How about you?

I've been in graphic design for about 26 years—worked mostly at newspapers. I also did medical transcription for a while and then web design. When my mom came to live with us, I started getting serious about the AM I had been doing on the side so that I could still generate income even when not physically at the computer. Now that's all I'm doing (except for teaching it) and I love it!

Sales and Management as well. Starting marketing my industry online circa 1998. Discovered affiliate marketing at that time. Many affiliate programs back then consisted of simply putting a link up and getting paid per click. Soon discovered that the money, back then, wasn't in making .05/click - but rather making a percentage of the sale in commissions. Still remember my first sale - a bimini boat cover. Was really hooked after that!

Marketing and advertising.
Just started affiliate marketing for almost a year now and been in it full time for about 5 months.

Liquification, good to know about your goal of moving to fulltime in 6 months.
Best of luck!

lexdino, having a marketing and advertising background should really help you a lot.
It's great you've been fulltime for awhile now.

I'm also from a Sales/Marketing background for technology companies. I actually got into AM kinda by accident. I was sick of relying on someone else to create my ideas so I decided last year when I got laid off I would learn how to do some graphic design and web design. I learned about AM on a blog about JOOMLA and I have been slowly but surely adding products to my sites ever since.

My initial interest in AM wasn't primarily for $$$ believe it or not. I had an idea for a product but wasn't sure about the market so I decided to do some AM to see if I could sell something that way before I invested in my inventory.

I still do contract marketing for tech companies but am really about to ramp up my time devoted to AM. I have done VERY little promotion for my sites and I am looking forward to it. I also look forward to writing more content when I have more time.

I was a web designer.

The strange events leading up to my fascination in online marketing began with a postcard I received from StoresOnline (holy scam, Batman!). Out of curiosity, I called a friend up and we both went for an all-day workshop they held at one of the local hotels.

Although they provided a lot of solid information (that I now know is basic online marketing you can find anywhere on the Internet), leading up to their "web site for only $2000 a month" finale, I was intrigued. Leaning over to my buddy, I whispered, "I can do this for a heck of a lot less!"

Thus began my journey and adventure. I've never looked back! ;)

I'm so glad I asked these questions. It's just fascinating to me to find out about everyone's background and how they got started.

Thanks Kutaone and Tony for sharing!

11 years ago I was looking for a job, and landed a media buyer job in an interactive advertising agency, the Internet was new, and we all learned together. For years on I kept on buying online media, and at some point affiliate management just crept in.

As I am only 16 right now, I don't really have that great of a story, but I'll share it anyway.

When I turned 13, my father showed me how servers worked, and other electronic devices. I was fascinated over how they worked and somehow stumbled into internet marketing for money. When I turned 14, I bought my first site and it failed. I recouped in a month or two and was right back to promoting new, hot products on easy niches. Ever since, I've tried to grow my site portfolio and boost my income to the $x,xxx,xxx/year level.

As I am only 16 right now, I don't really have that great of a story, but I'll share it anyway.

When I turned 13, my father showed me how servers worked, and other electronic devices. I was fascinated over how they worked and somehow stumbled into internet marketing for money. When I turned 14, I bought my first site and it failed. I recouped in a month or two and was right back to promoting new, hot products on easy niches. Ever since, I've tried to grow my site portfolio and boost my income to the $x,xxx,xxx/year level.

You are the future in affiliate marketing - stay focused, stay clean, finish school(!)

I came straight out from college, not a lot of work experience except with a piece of paper with 4yrs degree. I wanted to expand my comfort zone and entered the sale/marketing business. The job was going from business to business and promoted products. I was having a hard times the first 2 weeks into the job; unable to delivered the right speeches/presentation when I promoted the products to business owners. But, after many failed attempts, I now believed I can sale products without having to try so hard. But, after almost a year, I was done with that field of business and now focus doing online marketing. I love it!

Hi

I decided I needed to find a job from within my home. I currently work in a school district providing services to a variety of kiddos. Although I love my job and all the breaks we have, my medical needs are taking its toll.

This year I am hoping to drop down to part-time while my online income covers the other half. Its looking good so far, testing the waters to make sure its safe so I will know by January;)

My story...

well my story is a bit different from yours guys....
I worked ans still do on our family business my father and my grandfather are contractors, my part of the job is mostly on the marketing side.
I heard about affiliate marketing from a friend and loved the idea, i don't have much experience on SEO PPC etc.. but I'm a fast learner and already know a lot and actually having fun playing with ad words and all the techniques..
I'm doing it for few month already and things are getting along just fine, not a millionaire yet but I'm on my way LOL :)

worked as a labourer for about ten years and the on the rail maintaining track but left due to health reasons so got into this.

banners
Back