The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What to do to get ranked better in Yahoo

temi

affiliate
One of my sites is on page 1 position 1 for a certain keyword on Google, same keyword is on page 2 position 1 in Yahoo.

What do I have to do differently to get to position one page on on Yahoo as well ?

Well my personal recept for optimization use to work for all the major SEs with almost the same efficiency. As I know Yahoo value the onpage factors higher than Google do. The keyword density is a magic factor in order to gain high ranking in Yahoo.

Thanks for that tip Bagi, one just need to balance the need to get Yahoo keyword density righ and not to trigger Google keyword penality.
Anyway, since I get an awful lot more traffic from Google than Yahoo, I try and please Google more than Yahoo.

yahoo likes lots of use of bolding and H tags and keyword overuse with spammy urls etc.

Unless you are based in the US or your traffic comes from there, then forget about Yahoo, as you will get next to no traffic from it.

I have come to that same conclusion too, but as a matter of pride, I want to get that keyword to number one position 1 in Yahoo as well :)

"Unless you are based in the US or your traffic comes from there, then forget about Yahoo, as you will get next to no traffic from it."

I think so too,

although it would be nice to be number one in yahoo also.

I don't even show up in Yahoo's top 100 for the same key phrases I hit number 1 for in Google. MSN is another mystical SE to me. I hit number 1 there in a matter of days, only to find I'm unfindable a few weeks later. Google seems to be too easy to climb to the top on mediocre to low significant key phrases. It's easy for high competition phrases as well, but it actually takes some work to get to number 1 for phrases like "Lindsay Lohan". Currently I'm in 49th place on average according to Google Webmaster Central for that pharse, that's up from position 1000+ 5 months ago, and position 600 just 2 months ago. So, I'm sorry, I'm ranting, but I have no real advice to offer, except that Google is the most important to please, and will be until a more popular SE comes along.

Yahoo is all about the on-page. But Id recommend more focus on Google and dont risk the balance. Good on-page but not to spammy levels and then reach the desired position with the off page work, which you CANNOT do too much of. Cant go wrong with that stategy IMO.

MI
Back