The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What tactics have you used to increase your page rank?

I am still working on this. My forum has only been open 9 months but it's extremely popular and I have a PR 3 already :)

Joy,
Your forum is quite nice, it has lots of facinating threads, that must be why its popular, well done :)

Thank you :)

It's popular and very busy most of the time. I'm really pleased it's a great success.

Up until recently my forum was a closed forum so there was no point in trying to promote it, but now I have opened it up to visitors as well as members and I seem to get quite a few hits - especially from the search engines - every day :)

The biggest problem I have is with people trying to sign up with invalid email addresses - mainly spammers. Fortunately because they have to validate in order to join they never make it onto the forum.

Linda,
Your forum looks nice, I don't think you should let spammers win, every forum on the net is always battling with spammers, that is why I started the shame a spammer thread, hopefully of webmasters share info we can make then less effective (sadly we canno defeate them completely)

Yes that's a good idea Temi.

My husband built my forum for me and when he has more time he is thinking of re-doing it because he has now found out some much better scripts to make it look even nicer. He writes in asp and MySQL and is currently building a forum for a client. He hopes to use a lot of that technology to recreate mine for me eventually :D

That is excellent Linda, its nice to be able to code your own forum (or get your spouse to code it for you :) I use vB for this forum, I used to have a forum coded for me but updating it when new PHP or new MySQL version is released etc was challenging hence the use of vB here :)

MI
Back