The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What Should I do, advice needed, please

gsenders

Hi All,
I?ve been a member here for a while, but I have spent most of my reading rather than posting, I have been running my own web shop for almost 2 years now but it?s always been in my mind to do some affiliate websites and as the new year in rolling around i think one of my resolutions will be to take my first few steps as a publisher.

As it has been in my mind for a while I am now beginning to see so many different niches that I could slip into and these are things that I enjoy and actually know something about.

I would like to ask everyone's advice but first I'll will give some of the details,

I know very little about coding, but that said I do have a grasp on dreamweaver and I have a team of developers that I have worked with on my web shop.
I have learned how to optimise a site through article submission, bookmarks and keyword use (though I?m still learning every day )

So with that said, here is my question,

I can see 3 niches that I can fit into,
2 of these would be relatively easy for me to design a site around, they would be simple static pages, with no databases and nothing fancy but I can?t see them having very much impact.

But the 3rd is something that I think could really do well and drive a lot of traffic, but the idea I have for this site would be very complicated, and mostly made up of user generated content, the design, coding and database integration would just be too much for me and I would need to get my developers involved which will end up costing.

I would just like to know what everybody else thinks, is it a case of you should learn to crawl before you can walk!!!!!, or bit the bullet and see what happens.
Thanks in advance

Sounds like you already know the basics as you have your own online platform already

No-one really can advice you which of the three options that you highlighted is most likely to succeed

Simply because in the world of online marketing it's difficult to predict what will go viral and what won't

I have a website which I started as a hobby, not a marketing site, but for some reason it got so much traffic I was compelled to monetize it. It is still my best performing site!

If you have the time, set up all three. Analyze the traffic and conversions. Build on what works and ditch what doesn't

Good luck

thanks for the advice,
I think I will get around to doing all 3 sites but I'm afraid my free time is scarse at the best of times, so what I was thinking was to just get the first site up then begin on the second and when thats up I will go back to the first one and begin working on building traffic to it and the to skip between both of them until Im happy,
do you think this would be a good way to begin ?
But the third may be a bit to much for me to bit off at the moment,well thanks again

I really suggest picking one - just one to start and focus all your energy on.
Starting with one of the easier ones would be less challenging.

But if you really feel site 3 has the most potential AND if it is not too competitive can't you start by just generating some targeted content and driving some traffic just to get it established and add the other site components gradually? That way if you find out 1/3 of the way you that it's not as hot a market as you thought, you can stop before investing all the money and resources.

Have you done KW research on all 3 markets - both search demand and competition?
If not that's the very 1st thing.

Use this example and substitute your ROOT keywords.

Holler if you need help.

banners
Back