The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What Micro Work Sites Have You Had Success with?

Trista

There have been many discussions here about Amazon's mTurk, and I've learned a lot. I'm curious to know what other micro work and micro job sites people have had success with.

For instance, has anyone used Clickworker or CrowdCloud and found success?

I know there are others, but those are the ones I have heard of and joined, but I have not started. Please share your success stories and strategies.

I liked Cloud Crowd and mTurk. mTurk was more of making money by my own hand, but Cloud Crowd gave me the opportunity to have a referral link so occasionally some hard worker would use mine and I'd make residual money. Either they got tired of it or they got kicked off. I think they got kicked off.

If I were willing to give it more time, I would qualify for some of their writing jobs, I just haven't done any. But, I need to go back to the site and see what they are offering now. All of my work for both was last year.

I liked Crowd Cloud back when they were newish but haven't put the time into all the layers of certification they want now.

People keep telling me that MTurk is worthwhile if you have the patience to build up some experience there in order to get better paying assignments, but I haven't done much there because of the very low initial pay rates. I feel like my time is better spent on writing, even for low-rate websites, than on transcribing business cards for a penny per.

I have earned some decent amount with CloudCrowd before but I always engage in disputes with non sensical reviewers. I stopped using it since then because I a lot more time disputing rather than doing the task which I have to do.

I haven't heard of these sites, but they sound good. I'll check the out, for sure. Can you tell me more about them, and how they work?

Anyone on Cloud Crowd using referral banners please let me know if you have a link to find those.

I posted on their Facebook page and have searched the site. A link to a resource page is broken and another talks about referring Cloud Crowd but the banners and links page seems to be their best kept secret.

I liked Crowd Cloud back when they were newish but haven't put the time into all the layers of certification they want now.

Yes, I signed up and I found that whole process very intimidating. It was hard to tell exactly what they were looking for.

Everyone, thanks for your input this is very helpful.

Has anyone used CrowdFlower? They offer their tasks through such sites as InboxDollars, Swagbucks, ClixSense and others rather than directly from their Web site. And if you have used them, did it seem to be worth the time and effort you're putting in to do the tasks?

I've also heard good things about Crowd Cloud. I took a look at the website, and there are some certification tests you need to pass in order to do certain jobs. A freelance writer has said that she has earned a decent amount of money from it, and that she was able to get a steady stream of income from it; so, I'm looking to join that one soon. I've also heard of Crowdflower and some people seem t like their website.

I've got to agree with everyone here about Cloud Crowd. For me, Cloud Crowd is the best micro working site right now. What I like about them is that they pay you daily no matter how little you earned for the day. Most of the tasks are also very simple and easily doable even if you have a limited skill set.

The only problem I encountered with the website is that you need to be extremely focused on every task that you do. Otherwise, you risk your account to possible banning which can become very frustrating. I myself was banned a lot of times before and I guess that's one of the reasons why I quit using the site. :)

I was on Mturk briefly a few years ago but found it tedious with the ridiculously low pay. Things must have changed since then for sure. The only thing I see on the site that will make any decent money is doing some writing. Is that what every one is talking about when they mean you can make decent money on the site or are there other projects that can bring in some decent money as well?

I have worked on CloudCrowd and it seems to be a serious site, I enjoy that you are paid daily, but I just hate their evaluation system, I had correct tasks incorrectly evaluated and my rating got down and I've got sick of them because of it.

So, is it worth a try or not? Sounds more like it is a waste of time like Bubblews though the concept itself is good and legit.

So, is it worth a try or not? Sounds more like it is a waste of time like Bubblews though the concept itself is good and legit.
It is not such a waste like Bubblews because they do not missed any payouts and they do pay out. The only problem is with other users you encounter wherein they review your finished task but actually they do not know what they are doing. The only flaw I notice with CloudCrowd is their evaluation system where every reviewer or evaluator of task is not really doing their work properly. You could report it and they will surely respond back and give you the credits if they found that you are right but its just painstakingly annoying to do this every other day or two.

I've also heard good things about Crowd Cloud. I took a look at the website, and there are some certification tests you need to pass in order to do certain jobs. A freelance writer has said that she has earned a decent amount of money from it, and that she was able to get a steady stream of income from it; so, I'm looking to join that one soon. I've also heard of Crowdflower and some people seem t like their website.

Thanks for sharing this. It's very helpful. Sounds like those higher level tasks at CrowdCloud are worthwhile if one can pass the certification tests. As I mentioned, I had signed up but had not yet done any of the tests. I find the daily pay especially appealing.

As for CrowdFlower, I'm going to give that a try, too. I can do so via Quickrewards.net as they are one of the partner sites, along with Swagbucks, ClixSense and others. It seems to me that the advantage of Crowdflower is that you can do the tasks without having to first do qualifying tests and/or certifications. Either you get the credit for them or you don't. From what I see at Quickrewards.net that seems to be the case. However, there are time limits for completing the tasks. Which, of course, is fine, since the objective is to get these tasks done quickly to generate income.

If anyone is doing CrowdFlower let us know how it is working for you.

Well, I guess what I find interesting is that you want to work a site, but don't expect them to have standards for the work that they are paying for. How is that different from any other job?

Cloud Crowd, from what I remember pays good money for their high level writing tasks and due to that kind of payout, they should be a little stringent in what they are looking for. You can't drop fries on the floor at a fast food restaurant and them serve them without some kind of reprimand.

It's a job site! Even with the microtasks, you have to be attentive to your work if you want to get paid regularly. I need to go back and see what's available.

It is not such a waste like Bubblews because they do not missed any payouts and they do pay out. The only problem is with other users you encounter wherein they review your finished task but actually they do not know what they are doing. The only flaw I notice with CloudCrowd is their evaluation system where every reviewer or evaluator of task is not really doing their work properly. You could report it and they will surely respond back and give you the credits if they found that you are right but its just painstakingly annoying to do this every other day or two.

Well, that sounds like double work too.

Last year I was on Fiverr for a month writing About Us pages for website owners. I did over 100 gigs - with stellar ratings - before I called it quits. I was really just testing the water to see if I would like doing the work. I didn't, so I stopped.

I think getting a lot of work on Fiverr is two parts luck... one part good service description... and one part previous reviews. I put luck as the most important factor because I didn't have any reviews when I started. But I did have a good description and I had a few samples that read well. I started getting work within the first two days and within the first week I was swamped with work.

I've since gone back to Fiverr to try different gigs. None of them were as successful as that writing gig.

But I will say that the more gigs you have up, the better. Putting up 10 gigs is much better than having 1-2. Volume definitely seems to be the key to success if you're a newbie.

Well, that sounds like double work too.
You got it right! Its like I am always on overtime work instead of just watching TV and relaxing after doing those task.
If its not much of a hassle for anyone to dispute something after your hard work, then CloudCrowd is really worth it.

It is worth it if you have writing and editing skills, if you can pass the tests because these jobs pay better. For the micro-tasks it is not a waste of time, but possibly you get better paid doing something else because it's a lot of work just for some cents...

I was a part of CloudCrowd when they first started out. I have not been to the site in ages though. I use MTurk as well. I did use MicroWorkers once but after signing up for several places to send me spam I did not get paid and I quit them.

banners
Back