The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What matters most when ranking in google? Page rank, backlinks, or on page Seo.

chuckm5772

affiliate
I am starting a few minisites based around 1 clickbank product each. I've found some with decent search volume, but I'm not sure if I can get ranked based on the amount of backlinks, PR and on page SEO in the top ten. It's confusing because some sites are ranked higher than others with less backlinks and lower PR but their on page SEO is better. Google is crazy!! Can someone please give me some insight on this.

Page rank isnt as important noadays but page authroity and domain authority are things to look at.

get your on page seo as good as you can, then get soem quality links from trusted and reputable relevant sites

Not an seo guy, but what thing that always rings true is supply good content and you will be rewarded.

Don't forget to promote OP.

- 70% of your time building great content
- 30% of your time promoting great content

Also, keep in mind that backlinks don't automatically equate to better rankings:

- Domain Age
- Social Shares
- Trust/Authority
- Relevance
- Content Depth/Quality

And a whole lot of other factors can influence rankings.

Not to forget, a lot of people are using private networks with hidden links these days that block the major crawling tools. So just because you don't see backlinks in ahrefs or majestic doesn't mean they're not there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Page rank isnt as important noadays but page authroity and domain authority are things to look at.

get your on page seo as good as you can, then get soem quality links from trusted and reputable relevant sites

I think this is probably the best advice I can think of. Google is forcing people to work on their foundations first which I think is a very good thing.

Don't forget to promote OP.

- 70% of your time building great content
- 30% of your time promoting great content

Also, keep in mind that backlinks don't automatically equate to better rankings:

- Domain Age
- Social Shares
- Trust/Authority
- Relevance
- Content Depth/Quality

And a whole lot of other factors can influence rankings.

Not to forget, a lot of people are using private networks with hidden links these days that block the major crawling tools. So just because you don't see backlinks in ahrefs or majestic doesn't mean they're not there.

What he said.

My general rule is simple - show Google that you're trying. Whatever that may be.

Update content on your site, write new posts, comment on other blogs and have a dialog. Just show Google that your website is on your mind every single day and you're actively trying to "represent" it.

On the other end, though, make sure you don't make it look like you hired 500 people to do it. Slow and steady wins the race. You can turn up the velocity once you know what certain sites can handle, but until then - just make sure it looks to external people that you're working on it every day.

At least that's my 2 cents.

Page rank doesn't matter at all and I stopped paying attention to it years ago. It's nothing but a number.

And as for on page SEO and backlinks they both matter... a lot.

Without good on page SEO even the best backlinks wont help you much. And without backlinks, social signals etc your site simply wont rank no matter how awesome your on page SEO is. So put a lot of time into both.

I'd tend to agree with searchnetics. Spend the majority of your time creating great (and keyword targeted) content and then spend the rest of your time building up social profiles, getting social signals, getting backlinks and all of that good off site SEO stuff that Google loves.

HI :)

Google has started to "force" people to be more carefull with their website foundation.So make sure that you use only quality backlinks otherwise you will end up with big problems after 1-2 months

I'd just like to add that personally, I'd rather start a review type site than multiple minisites. The more content you have, the more chance you'll have of getting visitors from longtail keywords.

Less than 10% of visitors that come to my blog come through main keywords. And it's the case with most sites. Rest of it is ALL long tail. The stronger, more trustworthy your domain is, the more longtails you have a chance to rank for. Something to think about.

As far as PR goes, forget about it. PR is just the only metric from Google that we were able to see, and it WAS important at a point. Now it's just one of hundreds of signals, and one that is not as important as onpage, links etc. Even Matt Cutts, head of Google Webspam team, said PR has been devalued as a signal: Why isn't my site's PageRank changing? - YouTube

Links: be sure not to spam. If the link doesn't add value to what you wrote, rather avoid it. If you're in it for the long haul of course. Otherwise, spam away, but do now that you'll be punished by G, likely sooner than later.

Last edited:
Hey there,

I come from an internet marketing background, and I first got started in SEO. It's amazing how varied SEO advice is and what people believe works.

First and foremost, good content will get you nowhere. You can blog amazing articles for years and never break the top ten. Google operates just like a party curator, pointing people to the best party. They find the best party based on one main factor: the number and quality of back links to your site.

So if you're focusing on mini-sites, I would recommend the following:

1. Get a domain for as cheap as possible. Depending on your budget use registercompass to grab an expiring domain with a related keyword so your domain has some age. If you have a smaller budget, just grab a godaddy domain for one dollar (google godaddy and you'll always see an ad for $1.00 domains). Make sure it's not an exact match, but does have your keyword (i.e. redshoedistrict.com instead of redshoe.com).

2. Make about three pages on the site, the homepage, contact us/about us page, and the sales page. Make sure you have some images, a youtube video and an appropriate amount of copy.

3. You website will start to rank, although rather poorly. It's time to turn on the gas. Use a link-building service (thehoth.com is awesome, use thehoth.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=374 if you want to give me an affiliate sale) to get some links rolling in. Their hoth mini plan is only $60 and depending on your niche that could take you to #1 or just give you a small bump. You get to pick the keywords they link, make sure you don't just use the keyword, but a variety so your like profile might look like (buy red shoes, red shoe sale, buying shoes, here, check them out).

4. Continue to ad links, track everything and make some money.

It has been a little while since i have been to an affiliate summit, but the formula doesn't really change too much. Good content will spawn good back links. what I normally do is look for content that I can take different spins on or simply try to answer question better than what is already out there. Go above and beyond and the more involved you get with your content, the more involved your reader will get which will spawn viral potential.

You won't rank any site if you do only one thing.For example if you make your on page SEO perfect and write tons of unique content,you won't rank in Google with only that.Backlinks are the biggest factor when it comes to ranking a site.You can see sites with 100 backlinks outranking sites that have 10000 backlinks,so you need to focus mostly on creating quality backlinks and making your on page seo good - use seorch . eu (remove space) to check on page seo of your site.

banners
Back