The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What Makes A Quality Backlink?

lexdino

affiliate
I've heard people talking about more quality and less quality backlinks and how it can affect your site's rankings in the serps so I ask,

What Makes A Quality Backlink?

Is it the number of links present in the page wher your backlik is located or the page rank of that page or are there other factors?

1. The PageRank passed to your page is a function of the PR of the page containing your link and the total number of outgoing links, including internal navigational links, on that page:

{PR passed to you} = {PR of page containing link} *85 / {total number of outgoing links}

2. Other factors include:

• the anchor text used in the link to your page
  • the relevance of the content of the lnking page to your page
  • the homogeneity of the content on the linking page
  • the age of the linking page
  • etc. etc.

EZineArticles is a pretty good quality link (along w/ other article submission sites such as GoArticles and ArticleBase). I believe one of the reasons (and I hope I'm not wrong on this) is because you can surround your anchor text with material that relates to the link. I'm pretty sure G likes this.

Also - you'll get referral traffic from these type of sites as well. Extra special. :)

I like to submit to Ezine, gets some good backlinks. I'm also getting a lot of backlinks from forum posting, not sure how good they are but they're al showing up so I'm happy at this stage

I'm sure that quality links are different for different sites. For entertainment sites, links from social networks are OK, but for serious sites it's better to get links from relevant articles or reviews from relevant sites.

Some site have a higher Page Rank than others, it more better to get a back link from a PR5 site than a PR4.

Thou you would have to mix it.

Some site have a higher Page Rank than others, it more better to get a back link from a PR5 site than a PR4.

Thou you would have to mix it.

PR is less and less important as times goes on, johnben. These days, paying attention to the content and relevance of the site, how long it's been online, etc., is a lot more important.

A backlink is a backlink is a backlink at the end of the day. And there is no real such thing as quality over quantity. You get ranked by how many backlinks you have and the more you have the better. True, backlinks on a relevant page are good but any backlink is still good. It's good to get your link on as many different sites as possible and there are many things you can do.

MI
Back