The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What is your blog worth?

There are some sites out there in Internet that can you find you the worth of your site(Of Course, Blog too). Give them a try. If you are interested I can provide the links for them.

I'm using this site to check the value of my site: Website value calculator and web information
When I type in my sites' name in to the google search bar, the values of my sites are shown, and they are evaluated by this site.

Now, my PR4 business related site (BGN Entrepreneur - Business Growth Network Entrepreneurial – Daily Fresh Business News) worth $6117.4 USD and my entertainment site (You Know Where You Are) worth $2029.4 USD

I just got a problem with the backlinks to my sites. According to the result shown on this site, the backlinks to my sites are all 0. I'm not sure if it is accurate, as I've seen different evaluation of backlinks to my sites by other evaluation sites.

Would anybody guide me to how to calculate the worth of ones blog?

Here's my ideas on valuation. I would value a blog or any website the same way I would value any business.

I wouldn't use turnover to value the site. I would multiply annual profit by between 3 and 5 times depending on other factors.

I would look at salary/wage costs. If the site requires a person to run it I would want to see that person's salary in the accounts. If the salary is too small to live on then I would deduct a typical full time salary from the profit before multiplying it up for the valuation.

It's all very well saying "I made £20,000 profit from my website" but if you didn't take any salary and the site requires say 20 hours a week to run then really the profit of the site is zero if you took payment for the work by drawing the profit for yourself.

In addition, if there was only say 1 years accounts then I would be more likely to value the site at 3 times profit. If on the other hand the site has made consistent profit for say 5 years then I would be more likely to value the site at 5 times profit.

Another important factor is the level of liabilities although there are unlikely to be too many liabilities for most websites. Think about Lloyds's purchase of HBOS and you will understand why this is important.

I would also look at ROI to understand the level of investment.

MI
Back