The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is Web 1.0 and Web 2.0?

ms4u

affiliate
Hi,

Stupid question, someone asked me this morning. Can someone explain what is the different between these two? and What is exactly meant by web 1.0 and web 2.0? :crying:

I just went to sitepoint.com, and just find out that......to make matter slight worst....yahoo currently developing some sort of like web 3.0 :eek:

web technology really moving fast, I still in the doubt on web 1.0 and 2.0, they have already developing web 3.0.

:no:

MS4U, Neil here is a quick low down on web 1.0 and web 2.0.
When www (world wide web) was first developed it was just to publish info (publishing your site using HTML for example) so its just one way, site owner published, site visitors read information, could only interact with site owner via contact form, visitor can definitely not add their own contents to the site, that was Web 1.0

Web 2.0 took Web 1.0 to another level, now site owner publishes but user can interact, publish and do much more than they were able to do in the past, for example, you can upload video to YouTube, something that was not possible in the Web 1.0 days because the security, the protocol etc were just not there yet.

Not to bore you, Web 2.0 was then 'coined' for interactive sites, some prefer to define it as "user generated content"
Hope that shed some lights on it for you. Have a quick read of this post at my blog, its not about Web 2.0 perse but it shows the gradual shift from web1.0 to web 2.0

Web 2.0 is all about portals site and CMS mixed together to build online communities. In the past Web 1.0 era, which was about 10 years ago till now websites were more like static website where each website was hand coded or database driven with static coded sites as datafiles.

banners
Back