The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is the best way to monetize bingads

Ankit Gupta

affiliate
I have been using bingads churn ans burn method with bingads from past several months using diabetes offers. Since last few weeks days it has stopped performing at all. I have tried and tested many more clickbank(direct link) offers, tried offers from maxbounty (direct link) but it seems nothing have been working well for me. Any guidance on what is the best way to monetize them?

I am open for free and paid coaching or for any jv. I usually work with 2-3 accounts a day.

Other way out any guidance would be highly appreciated by the experts who have been working in affiliate industry from a while.

I have been using bingads churn ans burn method with bingads from past several months using diabetes offers. Since last few weeks days it has stopped performing at all. I have tried and tested many more clickbank(direct link) offers, tried offers from maxbounty (direct link) but it seems nothing have been working well for me. Any guidance on what is the best way to monetize them?

I am open for free and paid coaching or for any jv. I usually work with 2-3 accounts a day.

Other way out any guidance would be highly appreciated by the experts who have been working in affiliate industry from a while.
Hi Ankit. Would be willing to help here. Before we go any further, i want to know, do you have a landing page? do you have a website?

Not sure what you're asking for. Do you want to know how to setup a campaign in BA or do you want to learn about affiliate marketing in general?

For learning how to setup, go here: Bing Ads Tutorial to Get Started | Bing Ads

For learning about affiliate marketing go here: What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)

After this you need to do the following:
  1. Pick a vertical
  2. Pick an offer
  3. Build some landing pages
  4. Put in your tracking links
  5. Write ad copy/creatives
  6. Launch campaign
  7. Wait for data
  8. Optimize or kill
  9. Make money and scale or pick a new offer and start from #3
In depth info about all the points above are available on this forum and if not you can ask specific questions. Also you could start a journey thread, show people what you're doing and ask questions there.

There is no magic bullet. You have to put in the work (educate yourself and test) to make it in this game.

As for coaching, successful affiliates don't have time for this. And if they do decide to give up their time it's gonna cost you (a lot!). If I make $1000 a day running campaigns with 8 hours of work, I'd have to charge you at least $125 per hour to coach you.

So educate yourself, start testing and let the forum members be your coach. Much more fun! :)

Hi Ankit. Would be willing to help here. Before we go any further, i want to know, do you have a landing page? do you have a website?

Helllo Eric,

As mentioned in my previous post i only use direct linking for now. If required i can setup landing page which shouldn't be an issue at all.

Not sure what you're asking for. Do you want to know how to setup a campaign in BA or do you want to learn about affiliate marketing in general?

For learning how to setup, go here: Bing Ads Tutorial to Get Started | Bing Ads

For learning about affiliate marketing go here: What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)

After this you need to do the following:
  1. Pick a vertical
  2. Pick an offer
  3. Build some landing pages
  4. Put in your tracking links
  5. Write ad copy/creatives
  6. Launch campaign
  7. Wait for data
  8. Optimize or kill
  9. Make money and scale or pick a new offer and start from #3
In depth info about all the points above are available on this forum and if not you can ask specific questions. Also you could start a journey thread, show people what you're doing and ask questions there.

There is no magic bullet. You have to put in the work (educate yourself and test) to make it in this game.

As for coaching, successful affiliates don't have time for this. And if they do decide to give up their time it's gonna cost you (a lot!). If I make $1000 a day running campaigns with 8 hours of work, I'd have to charge you at least $125 per hour to coach you.

So educate yourself, start testing and let the forum members be your coach. Much more fun! :)

Hello Martini,

Thanks for the insight. I am not exactly a complete newbie to affiliate marketing or bingads. I have been working with bingads and affiliate marketing from quite some time now but the offer i used to promote is not working for me anymore and any other offers i am trying are not producing fruitful results. I am looking for guidance on how it can be done in a better way.

You mentioned that you've promoted offers by direct linking, but haven't had success. How long did you run those campaigns for? How many clicks did you have?

You mentioned that you've promoted offers by direct linking, but haven't had success. How long did you run those campaigns for? How many clicks did you have?

I have been working with it everyday since last 6 months. It was working fine by far but not producing any good results anymore and hence i am looking out for something else.

Hello Martini,

Thanks for the insight. I am not exactly a complete newbie to affiliate marketing or bingads. I have been working with bingads and affiliate marketing from quite some time now but the offer i used to promote is not working for me anymore and any other offers i am trying are not producing fruitful results. I am looking for guidance on how it can be done in a better way.
You're welcome bro! I understand but "guidance" is too general. Ask specific questions or show us some data to analyze, like @CaramelRocks asked. Or post a screenshot from your tracking data.

Also:
I have been working with it everyday since last 6 months. It was working fine by far but not producing any good results anymore and hence i am looking out for something else.

What happend to your results?

• Do you have to bid higher on your keywords?
  • Did conversion drop?
  • Has the trend (# of searches) for your offer dropped?
  • Etc.

Did you use tracking so you know what keywords had sales?
Yes, i do track keywords which perform. Unfortunately those keywords have stopped performing since the bids have gone much higher and also the refund ratio has gone much high so i am unable to get the same conversion which i used to get since beginning.

You're welcome bro! I understand but "guidance" is too general. Ask specific questions or show us some data to analyze, like @CaramelRocks asked. Or post a screenshot from your tracking data.

Also:

What happend to your results?

• Do you have to bid higher on your keywords?
  • Did conversion drop?
  • Has the trend (# of searches) for your offer dropped?
  • Etc.

* The bids have increased on the particular keywords i was targetting.
* Conversions have dropped and refund ratio have become as high as 25-30%
* Number of searches have also dropped
* I am not even getting 30% of the amount as revenue I am investing (Churn & Burn accounts are being used)
* I have tried many more offers from clickbank and some from maxbounty and peerfly too but they are performing even worse.

To be very precise I am unable to find offers or maybe my promotion methods are not updated as they should be. By guidance here i meant I need to be guided where am i going wrong. Let me plot the whole process what i am doing right now.

Step 01 - Creating a bingads account with coupon
Step 02 - Picking up the offer from clickbank/maxbounty/peerfly
Step 03 - Adding most relevant keywords for the offer in phrase match
Step 04 - Creating ads, callout and sitelink extensions
Step 05 - Testing each keyword with dedicated tracking url for that respective keyword
Step 06 - Keeping the profitable keywords and grinding out the unfruitful keywords
Step 07 - Adding all the negative keywords such as "free", "causes", "symptoms", etc.
Step 08 - Optimizing ads and keyword bids as per the positioning

I recently began to use clickmeter for tracking but it doesn't looks much useful.

Not sure what am I missing out here.

* The bids have increased on the particular keywords i was targetting.
* Conversions have dropped and refund ratio have become as high as 25-30%
* Number of searches have also dropped
* I am not even getting 30% of the amount as revenue I am investing (Churn & Burn accounts are being used)
* I have tried many more offers from clickbank and some from maxbounty and peerfly too but they are performing even worse.

To be very precise I am unable to find offers or maybe my promotion methods are not updated as they should be. By guidance here i meant I need to be guided where am i going wrong. Let me plot the whole process what i am doing right now.

Step 01 - Creating a bingads account with coupon
Step 02 - Picking up the offer from clickbank/maxbounty/peerfly
Step 03 - Adding most relevant keywords for the offer in phrase match
Step 04 - Creating ads, callout and sitelink extensions
Step 05 - Testing each keyword with dedicated tracking url for that respective keyword
Step 06 - Keeping the profitable keywords and grinding out the unfruitful keywords
Step 07 - Adding all the negative keywords such as "free", "causes", "symptoms", etc.
Step 08 - Optimizing ads and keyword bids as per the positioning

I recently began to use clickmeter for tracking but it doesn't looks much useful.

Not sure what am I missing out here.

Now we're getting somewhere! :) You're missing landing pages (and decent tracking). Especially for CB offers which require a credit card payment, you need a good funnel.

One way to do CB offers is to give away part of the eBook or course. Many product owners on CB will have something you can use as an affiliate to give away. Contact them.

Make an optin lp with the give away and have it redirect to the offer after the download. Now they're on your list you should have an autoresponder sequence ready with a couple of emails on the problem they want fixed and linking to your offer again or multiple offers.

Direct linking with crappy tracking is your biggest issue right now.

Interesting thread and useful post Martini. Can you recommend some decent tracking?

I never did this type of Affiliate marketing and media/ppc buying before. What's the difference between a tracker and an affiliate network? Can I find this somewhere, I don't want to hijack this thread :p

Interesting thread and useful post Martini. Can you recommend some decent tracking?

I never did this type of Affiliate marketing and media/ppc buying before. What's the difference between a tracker and an affiliate network? Can I find this somewhere, I don't want to hijack this thread :p

You're more than welcome bro!

Answers to your questions:

What's the difference between a tracker and an affiliate network?
A tracker or tracking software let's you collect data from your campaigns and an affiliate network is a market place for advertisers and publishers. Networks can also provide some sort of tracking, bu not as in depth as using dedicated tracking software.

Can you recommend some decent tracking?
You can go hosted or cloud based. For cloud based I'd recommend Trackingdesk or Voluum. If you want to host your own software, check out Thrive or Funnel Flux.

Last edited:
Thanks @Martini for the good word. Always appreciated.

@Ankit Gupta
Anyway, reading the above raises some flags.

1. Normally Bing doesn't like direct linking campaigns.
2. You've been running for 6 months fine, then conversion stopped
3. Bid increased
4. Return/chargeback increase.

Mind if I ask something? is it a legit offer?

Because what you're describing here is the perfect loop of the scam.

1. Offer is put on the market
2. Customers buy into it.
3. Word goes out that it's converting nicely
4. other similar offers / less legit are showing up
5. more agressive marketers enter the market
6. bids are increasing
7. users are starting to feel the scam
8. charge backs are starting
9. What used to be a good niche is falling apart...

Obviously, this is only speculation, but a good product/service will not stop selling for no reason and chargebacks are here to backup my 2cts.

What I would recommend in your case is to have a "comparison/review" site so you can target long tail keyword educate the users so there are no surprises (hence less chargebacks)...
Set retargeting pixels on your site so you can drive back some of the traffic and keep educating them and/or up-sell related products/services.

Now we're getting somewhere! :) You're missing landing pages (and decent tracking). Especially for CB offers which require a credit card payment, you need a good funnel.

One way to do CB offers is to give away part of the eBook or course. Many product owners on CB will have something you can use as an affiliate to give away. Contact them.

Make an optin lp with the give away and have it redirect to the offer after the download. Now they're on your list you should have an autoresponder sequence ready with a couple of emails on the problem they want fixed and linking to your offer again or multiple offers.

Direct linking with crappy tracking is your biggest issue right now.

That's what i have discovered in past some time that LP is quite relevant and the direct linking doesn't converts well in the long run. It may work well but that would be only for a shorter period of time.

That's definitely a wonderful piece of advice.

Thanks @Martini for the good word. Always appreciated.

@Ankit Gupta
Anyway, reading the above raises some flags.

1. Normally Bing doesn't like direct linking campaigns.
2. You've been running for 6 months fine, then conversion stopped
3. Bid increased
4. Return/chargeback increase.

Mind if I ask something? is it a legit offer?

Because what you're describing here is the perfect loop of the scam.

1. Offer is put on the market
2. Customers buy into it.
3. Word goes out that it's converting nicely
4. other similar offers / less legit are showing up
5. more agressive marketers enter the market
6. bids are increasing
7. users are starting to feel the scam
8. charge backs are starting
9. What used to be a good niche is falling apart...

Obviously, this is only speculation, but a good product/service will not stop selling for no reason and chargebacks are here to backup my 2cts.

What I would recommend in your case is to have a "comparison/review" site so you can target long tail keyword educate the users so there are no surprises (hence less chargebacks)...
Set retargeting pixels on your site so you can drive back some of the traffic and keep educating them and/or up-sell related products/services.

Thanks for the advice, it seems like the same offer is being advertised by too many advertisers now while there was not much competetion until few weeks ago.

Also the biggest thing i was lacking was LP and a good tracker, it seems clickmeter is not worth the time i spend on campaigns since it doesn't show up many conversions from clickbank, though it does works well for maxbounty.

I will now be trying out better offers alongwith improved tracking and LP and hoping for improved performance this time.

@Ankit Gupta - sometimes tweaking and playing with the different elements you have in hands helps unlocking the situation. Clearly, having a good tracker in place will give you the granular data required to make it work or at least figure out what doesn't work and why.
trackingdesk is integrated with maxbounty, clickbank and bing, so i'd recommend checking it out.
PM me if you have any questions.

good luck
L.

banners
Back