The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is the average conversion rate (or range) for most offers?

Makingtheimpact

Service Manager
Service Manager
Making The Impact - Web and Graphic Design
Is there like a normal conversion rate for most sales offers? Or does it vary?

So for example, say I was promoting a product on Clickbank, and it got 1000 clicks, what percentage of those clicks would convert to sales? Does the conversion rate vary by the type of product, or does it stay roughly the same across all industries?

How many sales and what is the profit margin?
How qualified is the traffic?
What is the customer's affinity towards the product?

==============================================
Less than 0.25% I take a walk.
I have seen as high as 1:18 in the past but we were the offer and there was no shave ;)
I costs me about $0.12 to $0.40 to land a referral at an offer (or conversion target) these days.

Do the math. I may need $44 payout in the first 30 days just to break even on the advertising expense.
So $120 - $200 payout per customer would be a reasonable margin.

Typically, you'll see a good conversion rate within the 2-5 percent range. This should be considered average for websites. If your site falls below this, you will want to dedicate time to bringing your conversions higher.

A good conversion rate is between 2 percent and 5 percent. The thing with the conversion rate is that even a jump of 0.5 percent can be a big deal.

Thanks everyone for the info! This is really helpful for me to be able to evaluate and estimate how many conversions I should be getting based on the amount of traffic my sites get, so that I can figure out what is performing well and what isn't. :)

My conversion rate for Amazon Associates is variable
Seems to improve when my landing pages show correct stock and pricing
Seems to decline when my landing pages show incorrect stock and pricing
Good thing I've started using an automation tool

A good conversion rate is between 2 percent and 5 percent. The thing with the conversion rate is that even a jump of 0.5 percent can be a big deal.

What the speed limit on most roads?
25 MPH to 70 MPH (US)
We did 30 Mil /yr with a 2% signup conversion and a 1% deposit (sort of tricky as there were many repeat sales).
But referral sources will make a big difference too.
Good AdWords was about 18% conversion to a deposit.
Affiliate referrals were all over the place --depending on traffic quality --and referral intent.
So without stating your particulars --they have no fucking idea!
Just parroting internet bullshit ...

MI
Back