The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What is soft 404 error?

alishroy

seo services
affiliate
Hello Forum Members

When I search on webmaster then mostly time I found 404 errors, I want know about what is this.

Please share your knowledge with me. I will appreciate your suggestion.

404 on the internet means a page can't be found. Usually caused by lazy web developers when they move or delete something but it could also be caused by a typo in the address.

I created my sites, was coding them in the php and css and all of a sudden i refreshed the browser and i had a 404 error. I tried to undo what i just did and re-upload to see if it helped, nothing. I was early on in coding so i saved my work in another program and deleted all of the pages. Still a 404 error.

Soft 404 errors. Usually, when someone requests a page that doesn't exist, a server will return a 404 (not found) error. This HTTP response code clearly tells both browsers and search engines that the page doesn't exist. As a result, the content of the page (if any) won't be crawled or indexed by search engines

Soft 404 errors. Usually, when someone requests a page that doesn't exist, a server will return a 404 (not found) error. This HTTP response code clearly tells both browsers and search engines that the page doesn't exist. As a result, the content of the page (if any) won't be crawled or indexed by search engines.

404 error means that the webpage you were trying to reach could not be found on the sderver. It is a slient-side erroe which means that either the page has been removed.

404 Not Found Error implies that the page you were attempting to reach couldn't be found on the server. It is a Client-side Error which implies that either the page has been expelled or moved and the URL was not changed as needs be, or that you wrote in the URL mistakenly.

404 problem loading page designed to convey message to user that the page that are looking for is not exist. So, they can move on home page and can visit other pages instead of quitting from website.

Soft 404 errors. Usually, when someone requests a page that doesn't exist, a server will return a 404 (not found) error. This HTTP response code clearly tells both browsers and search engines that the page doesn't exist. As a result, the content of the page (if any) won't be crawled or indexed by search engines.

means either u deleted the page accidentally or knowingly and it is crawled in google index and every-time google crawler try to index that page again he do not found anything in that page so the server return soft 404 error means the page you are try to visit is not found in that same address,
in second case sometime happen we do change the url of certain page and when google crawler try to index the old url , it return 404 error and to solve 404 error we generally do 301 redirect from older URL to new url to increase user experience.

banners
Back