The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is ranking?

lrdl3535

I don't really understand all this stuff about website ranking. Can someone explain it more?
To be honest, I don't even know what it is or how to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That could be a really big question. Can you be a little more specific?

I assume you mean search engine rankings?
Are you saying you don't even know what that means?
Or are you saying you want to know more about how you do it?
Tell us if you know a little so we can start building on what you already know.

(Oh and I'm moving this post to the search engine forum)

That could be a really big question. Can you be a little more specific?

I assume you mean search engine rankings?
Are you saying you don't even know what that means?
Or are you saying you want to know more about how you do it?
Tell us if you know a little so we can start building on what you already know.

(Oh and I'm moving this post to the search engine forum)
This will help if the OP is referring to SERP ranking: Search engine results page - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Search engine ranking

I hope ranking means search engine ranking.
If so, In order to get search engine ranking your website must have quality back links and even the number of back links will also be taken in to consideration.:)

no problem? join webmaster.google.com tool and everything is mentioned there.

page rank is ranked a page by google. it is like marks in 1,2,3.../10 it is showing real value your site on google. every page have different ranking.

kreatorseo

Hi...............
Ranking means suppose you find you website.
first search your key word you see your site in first page that calls Google top ten or Ranking.so you you must achievement more back link.
Thank you

Website rankings are simply the positions that you hold for specified keywords. An example would be that if your site is about goldfish, where would your site come up in the search results on Google, Yahoo and MSN if someone searched for that phrase.

The higher you are in the search results for your keywords, the more traffic you get to your site that is targeted and relevent.

Targeted traffic is the holy grail for making money on the web with websites, so if you are on the first page for your keywords, chances are that you can do quite well, but if you are on page 3 for the phrase, you will get little, if any traffic for that keyword.

There are several ways to get positions that can bring traffic, but the 2 most common are natural search that is attained by SEO and PPC, SEO is search engine optimization. This is making your site work withing the automated ranking system of each individual search engine. If you want to learn more about this, you can do a search for "Brad Callen SEO Made Easy" and you can find a free pdf ebook that will explain the basics. AAron Wall's SEOBOOK is another one that is top notch, but a little more advanced, so for the beginner, you would be better off with the Brad Callen Ebook if you are starting form nothing because it makes it simple for the beginner.

PPC which is pay per click, is the second most common, this is instant results, you open an account with google adwords and then bid on keywords, within 15 mins, your in the top if your bid per click is high enough. There are tricks here also to get cheaper clicks and it also takes some study to become proficent in this field also.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask, we are here to help.

Web Site Ranking

Page Rank means one of Google's method to measure the importance of a web page according to its Link popularity and links to other websites.
If we have quality back links that means the link from the site which is having high page rank then our Page Rank will increase

MI
Back