The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is MLM & Why is it bad?

MLM is a pyramid scheme that onny the founders stand to make a great income and it is based on a load of assumptions that can only be made by continuing to recruit more people. So, you have to keep buring people with false hope and do it a whole lot to make any money.

This is why your upline is not allowed to show or tell you how much they make. So the truth never comes out from withing the system.

Can you give me some examples? I see ALL KINDS of advertising for making money on the net or "working from home". I know that some are ligit, as there is money being made. But I know that there must be alot out there that are not.
a

MLM is a pyramid scheme that onny the founders stand to make a great income and it is based on a load of assumptions that can only be made by continuing to recruit more people. So, you have to keep buring people with false hope and do it a whole lot to make any money.

This is why your upline is not allowed to show or tell you how much they make. So the truth never comes out from withing the system.

Since this thread was from a person asking for help, I'm sorry but we are getting too off track talking about MLM and other make money online things.

So I'm splitting that part of thread to a new topic.

Thanks

Ann, I think you are getting "MLM (Multi Level Marketing)" confused with "Affiliate Marketing"

They are two entirely different things.

MLM is largely a scam.

AM is simply selling stuff for a commission.

This forum is about AM.

There are several differences between the 2 but the most obvious one is cost.

MLM and business opportunities cost money to join. You have to buy a start up kit,
turn-key web site or something to get started.

Affiliate marketing is always free - there is never cost to join.

Thanks jcorkern for the Free SEO ebook link in your signature. I'm new to all this and have been working on learning SEO.

MLM is best avoided

MLM simply means multi-level-marketing

The whole idea is that everyone referrs a small number of other people into their marketing group. So I refer 5, and they all refer 5, and they refer 5 etc

The reason many people will tell you it will work is that the total number of people in your team will grow at a fantastic pace

However the problem is that the people that you recruit cant get people to join, and so they don't refer 5 - they refer ZERO - and so instead of you referring thousands you are stuck with the 5 that you got in the first place, and they don't want to continue very long because they can't refer anyone!

In most contries in the world MLM in this form is actually illegal - that may surprise you, but according to the law, you have to receive what you paid for. So if you joined a scheme on the basis that it was a business and that you would earn $xxx, but in fact you couldnt earn anything because you are at the bottom of the matrix, and can only earn money if you refer people

To get round this some MLM schemes now offer you something of value for your membership fee - but be careful is it actually worth anything e.g. a free duplicated website, free support forum, free "training materials" etc

The real problem with MLM and any other similar programs is that the website you are promoting and the business you are promoting is not YOURS its someone else. The MLM company can go awol at any time, and then you are left with nothing

Wheras if you are an affilliate and you have your own website, email list etc. Then should the program fold, its doesnt matter because you have lots of other affiliate products you can promote instead

I've tried a couple MLM's, but sure no guru.

While recruiting can be pretty tough, the biggest problem I've had was finding new people that will actually work! You could have a huge downline, but if few of them do anything, you won't be making much money.

According to legend, the emperor of China, after being presented with the game of chess, was so impressed with it that he offered the inventor--a seemingly humble man--a gift of his choosing. The inventor made a request that on the face of it seemed innocent enough. He requested that he be granted a single grain of rice on the first square of the chessboard, two on the second, four on the third, and so on until all the board?s squares were accounted for. The emperor glanced at the board, noted it had only sixty-four squares, and readily granted the man his request.

The story abruptly ends with the emperor severing the inventor?s head after only the thirty-second square. This is because, although only halfway through the deal, the emperor was already committed to providing the inventor the equivalent of forty acres worth of rice. Had he lived up to the terms of the agreement, the emperor would have been put in the untenable position of having to supply 18 million trillion grains of rice. To appreciate this predicament it helps to understand that it would take an area approximately twice the size of the earth, including all of the oceans, to produce that much rice.

MI
Back