The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is an Affiliate

bbrian017

affiliate
Hi I'm bbrian017 and I'm really new with this type of advertising or money making process. I was wondering if someone could be kind enough to explain exactly what and affiliate is. Also I would like to know how do I become the opposite of an affiliate and advertise with these companies.

Thanks in advance,

bbrian017

Thank you so much! I didn't want to be a pest but there's so much going on here at this site anyone new can get so lost! That's why I named this topic "What is an affiliate" so the next time someone like me does the search they will find this topic now.

:)

You should never feel like you are a pest. If you have questions, then please ask them. Never hesitate to ask questions. People learn by asking questions.

We do understand how difficult it can be for people who are new. We are here to help whwnever you need it.

What do you call the opposite of an affiliate? I mean I would like people to advertise for me. Is this still part of the affiliate process?

Merchant is the term that is most often used.

Merchants have products or services. Affiliates promote those products or services in ways approved by the merchants, such as with banners or links or their sites. The merchants pay the affiliates a commission for sales or leads produced.

Alright so I would like to be a merchant. Is 5 star affiliates a forum that has topics and discussions regarding this or would I need to go else where to find more information regarding this process. Mainly I would like to understand how to get the most merchant advertising for the money I can spend.

EDIT: Silly questions I see the forums :)

Affiliates

An affiliate is someone who sells the products of a merchant for a commission

How you make money as an affiliate is to advertise a special link that the merchant gives you, called an affiliate link. This affiliate link is tracked through the merchants site, so that the merchant can see at a glance which affiliates are responsible for what sales

The merchant can pay the affiliates at their own convenience

The opposite of an affiliate is a merchant

Anyone can become a merchant if they have a product or service to sell. All that is required is a simple PHP or CGI/PERL script, which allows affiliates to sign up, and tracks affiliate links, when they resolve to the merchants website. This script can be maintained by a third party website, that may charge for the service

MI
Back