The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What hosting do you use? What is the best hosting for Wordpress?

tthompson

affiliate
What is the best hosting to use for Wordpress? GoDaddy is $36 for a year, InMotion is $60 for a year. What do you recommend?

Not GoDaddy. I love them as a registrar. I've never heard anything good about them for hosting.

Beyond that, it's not just about price but about how responsive they are yo support requests. After trying several, I arrived at A Small Orange and I'm still there several years later.

There are several others that I've seen people recommend, including Hostgator. There is at least one thread already on this topic here so have a look at that: see Whats a Good Hosting provider to go with?

we personally run a dedicated server with softlayer. but you don't need all that to host a wordpress site, you should be okay with godaddy or any other shared hosting provider. just know to get away from godaddy once you get bigger, their support is bad, they are about equal with dell.

WPEngine is the one I keep my high traffic sites on. It is expensive, but lightening fast, great customer service and most of the time when you do have to send in a ticket, they usually fix it before you even get a reply, and I have never waited over an hour or so for a ticket to get a response. Great people if your site can handle the budget.

Because I have successfully made the transition from part time to full time affiliate I have this to share - DO NOT USE WORDPRESS!

Whilst the templates are pretty (and I use wordpress for my business front site) there are too many vulnerabilities and speed issues to even consider using WP for a money site!

I would advise you contact a freelancer about a HTML site - and then you can normally haggle free hosting when they quote you!

For beginners, I love HostGator, they are fast and reliable. Many options, good customer service.

for a very low monthly fee you have unlimited space, domains, bandwidth.

It's a good company to start with in your affiliate marketing adventure.

My two current favorites are InterServer and Dreamhost. Dreamhost now offers a package specializing in Wordpress hosting (see their Dreampress option), though I haven't used that package myself. I have shared hosting on both IS and DH, and a surprisingly affordable VPS package on IS, and have been very pleased with both in terms of performance, service, and cost.

Alex' comment about Wordpress is not off the mark, but with all due respect I would suggest the performance and security risks will be evident with any CMS.

Security risks are fairly easy to mitigate provided you either stay on top of available updates or have a hosting company that does that for you.

Performance with any CMS won't be as good as static HTML, but if you don't go wild with plugin and add-ons it probably won't affect your site adversely.

Static HTML is indeed the best option for total control over all aspects of your pages, but at a cost to productivity in maintaining them. CMS solutions like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, and others represent a trade-off in which they do the heavy lifting on site maintenance so you can focus on content, at the cost of RAM and CPU overhead on the server. That said, when we consider the many sites that use CMSes like Wordpress we find the cost is well with acceptable bounds, even with moderate traffic on shared hosts.

And you can have the best of both worlds: continue with your plan to use Wordpress to get started now, learning SEO and gaining the discipline to add new content regularly. Once you've got that down you can take the time to learn HTML well enough to craft your sites by hand for even greater performance and control.

I absolutely love WordPress. It is easy to use and you don't have to know code. I have 20+ WordPress sites.

For hosting, Hostgator offers top notch service. That said I believe they were just bought out by Bluehost.

For hosting, Hostgator offers top notch service. That said I believe they were just bought out by Bluehost.

Do you mind providing the source for it? I didn't see an official announcement regarding the buy out so just curious to see if this is true. I used to use Hostgator, but it wasn't really a good fit for my business.

WordPress and HostGator make a great pairing. I have hosted dozens of blogs and sites on HostGator and never had a problem with them. Plus their hosting rates are reasonable.

Generally, most web hosting providers will be decent for WordPress if they have Linux hosting. Do not get Windows hosting for WordPress as its not optimized for WP.

Also, as you build up your WordPress site, install plugins that optimize your site (images, revisions, trash, spam, databases) to make it run more quickly and smoothly.

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 AM ----------

Do you mind providing the source for it? I didn't see an official announcement regarding the buy out so just curious to see if this is true. I used to use Hostgator, but it wasn't really a good fit for my business.

HostGator was not bought out by BlueHost. However, both companies are owned by EIG.

Hi,

There have been many replies to this question already, most which we agree with. I assume you are just getting started? If that is so then using WordPress is simple and easy to get to grips with and as for hosting, there are plenty to choose from.

We have free hosting because we belong to a membership website. Some include free unlimited hosting which should suit when getting started. Later you can switch to more expensive better hosting service providers when you start earning some money.

The biggest advantage of joining a membership site apart from the free unlimited hosting is that you will also learn the importance of building a targeted mailing list and building a strong relationship with your list before selling to them as wellas a lot more.

I am not allowed to say which membership site we belong to so a clue is that it is the #1 for the last 3 years so do a search for membership sites if this idea intertests you.

Getting help when starting will save you lots of money and time and the cost of membership will reap rewards in the long run.

Hope this also helps? It helped us.:cool:

Stephen & Jennifer

Thanks but as we've already said we benefit from FREE unlimited web hosting within our online IM membership which is excellent and very reliable and we use Optimize Press theme on our Wordpress websites and blogs.:D

So we have no desire to start paying for what we already get for FREE! Our membership only costs us $37 a month and we have over 90 websites hosted with them all showing online without any problems so we see no need to host them elsewhere.:eek:

We however agree that Hostgator gives as good a service as any but the choice is up to everyone as there are several other good ones. Someone else asked which is the cheapest? If the website is for a business and not a hobby, then the most reliable and not the cheapest should determine which one to use.;)

Regards and thank you for your reply but we already have enough knowledge and experience to know what is best for our business although we are always glad to receive replies from others here.:)

Stephen & Jennifer.:cool:

banners
Back