The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

what favicon do you see on my website?

jani

affiliate
For the last few days when I open my website .: Smart Pixels - By Jahangir Agha :. I see a very strange thing that is "India's flag as favicon" on my site. Below is the screenshot what I am seeing here.

screenshot.jpg

Can you please open up my site and see what favicon are you seeing?

I am getting worried, cuz I think someone from India is hacking my website and he is putting his country's flag on my favicon :(

Do you have own hosting account or using someone else's subfolder?

If there is a favicon.ico file in the root - it may show up on all pages, even if it's a subfolder

Do you have own hosting account or using someone else's subfolder?

No, I am not using anyone else's subfolder. I think I am using a shared account - not sure.

One of my friend said that my browser might cached some other site's favicon and showing it with my smartpixels, but I don't remember any site I opened which had that flag's icon.

I don't see any either. Is it possible you visited a site earlier and it remained in your address bar?

I don't know what could be the reason. I don't remember any site I Opened that had the indian flag in favicon. May be its my browser's issue, it is getting favicon from some other site.

use ccleaner to clear all your cache and temp files, i have this with some of my sites on my other computer (one i never use anymore) most of the time its just cached on the machine you are working on, clear the cache on you machine and history and temp files. also if you have a cache folder on your server you might want to clear that too. (most cms sites have a cache folder)

Actually I think it was my stupid firefox who was caching that favicon.

Now i have re-installed my windows cuz i had some problems with that... and now my site is showing no favicon. everything is appearing fine now.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

By the way, how is the layout now? is it still appearing broken there? I made some changes on it yesterday. Please let me know how is it appearing now.
Hey Jani,
I really like the site's color scheme and that logo image. Coolio!
I do have a few comments to make. You are using tables for design
layout. That's not recommended per web standards. You are using
CSS inline to style your page, which is where you should handle the
layout.
The site does not validate as the XHTML 1.0 Transitional as its DOCTYPE.
You have proprietary markup for your table attributes.

I'm very heavily involved in web standards, and am a member of the
GAWDs and WebStandardsGroup - so I always approach designs from
that perspective :happy:

Hey Martin, Thanks for your comments on the color and logo image.

I do appreciate your comments about the tables and the css I used, but actually I did all this on my own without learning it properly. I did this coding by learning dreamweaver from book and got some help from my friend. I know CSS but I don't know how to use it properly. I know tables, but I can't manage them properly... because I have not learned this thing from a professional teacher.

And my MAIN focus was on Design, Navigation and Colors. Once I got a good design, then I focused on coding part to make it sure that it is appearing correct on all browsers and luckily I did it right :)

Now there must be many errors in the coding but for me, if the layout is appearing fine on all browsers then it is ok for me :)

Now when I will learn CSS and all that stuff, I will correct the mistakes I have done.

Jani,

I gave you some rep points because of your great attitude towards learning
and accomplishments! What you described is the exact way I have learned
web development (designing, CSS, XHTML, semantics, accessibility), and now
more recently web hosting :)

banners
Back