The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What exactly is spamming?

Mantus

I get emails all the time asking me to sign up for some crap or asking me to buy something without giving me at least some free information I can at least use...

This is what I consider spam.

Let's just say someone was to send out emails to people they don't know but the emails being free articles without pushing anything on those people

Yes, articles with links in them to affiliate hoplink but not telling them things like: This product is great you should buy it.. Basically telling them HERE is some free information you can use. Please enjoy

Would this be on borderline of spam/not spam or what?

If I got the free info I have with a nice email like that, I would absolutely enjoy it and not at all be mad about an email like that I would probably put their email on my trusted list so I wouldn't miss any more free information.

I do have a lot of free information about my product and it is really good stuff, so what does everyone think?

Thanks
John

Yes technically if they didn't request it's considered spam. (LEGALLY). Plus there are anti-spam issues you need to include even in opt-in emails like address and opt-out links etc. Really need to read up on spam laws before heading in that direction.

If someone sent you an email with an affiliate link saying to buy something then that doesn't mean its spam IF you signed up to their list.

It might make you mad (it would make me mad) if the person did not at least try to provide some value first like offering some free helpful information that you could use.

If someone sent you some free information (rare) that you didn't sign up for then that IS still considered spam and you shouldn't put them on any trusted list.

Jay

If they didn't sing up to receive e-mails from you than it is considered as spam but there is a thing called "Can spam act". This is the law that allows to send commercial mails but you must follow the rules and exactly structure of your e mail. With this you are insured of not being sued or blacklisted because of spam. Type "can spam act" and read about it in wikipedia.

ritta;91687This is the law that allows to send commercial mails but you must follow the rules[/QUOTE said:
Someone could read that to mean it's OK to send unsolicited email (spam) as long as you follow the rules. Not true. Unsolicited email = spam even if you follow the can spam act.

Here is it direct from the FTC. When you read this think of a company like Amazon. You've opted in to receive specials and deals. You WANT the emails. But they are commercial in nature, so need to follow can spam.

CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business | BCP Business Center

I found a way to build a list fast so I will be OK.

I don't want to send people emails who are not wanting
products from the niche I am in anyway...

Thanks
John

banners
Back