Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What else should I be doing?

AmyTK9

affiliate
I don't feel like I'm doing enough. Currently I'm;

*Writing an article, posting new blog entry, and creating a Lens every day
*Pinging blog entry to Pingoat & Feedshark every day
*Posting blog entry on Facebook (usually just get a few clicks from friends doing this, not really a targeted audience)
*Submitting my article link to: Digg, reddit, folkd, Blinkit, & Twitter every day
*Commenting on blogs with a link back every day
*Joining and being active in related forums

So what else could I be doing to get more targeted traffic? Any sites I'm missing that I should be submitting something to? Would love your input! My blog is getting more views every day, but I'd like to be getting a lot more. Until I get my first paycheck from Affiliate marketing, suggestions should be things I can do for free. My first paycheck will go back into marketing everything better and I will start to pay for things.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Think of an article as a way to funnel more traffic to your blog so you should work on getting backlinks to your articles, you should also think about dropping comments on some .EDU and .GOV sites, you can use the search strings below.

This search string is for .Gov sites
inurl:.gov+inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -"Login to post a comment" -”you must be logged in” “keywords”

This search string is for .Edu sites.
inurl:.edu+inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -"Login to post a comment" -”you must be logged in” “keywords”

Just replace the word keywords with your keyword.

Another thing you may want to think about is to consider making links to external sites "nofollow". This will prevent Page Rank Leakage. If you are linking to external sites, you are letting weight leave your site and reducing the value of your internal links.

You should also link your blog pages to one another, google loves internal linking.

Hope this may be of some help,
Joseph

Think of an article as a way to funnel more traffic to your blog so you should work on getting backlinks to your articles, you should also think about dropping comments on some .EDU and .GOV sites, you can use the search strings below.

This search string is for .Gov sites
inurl:.gov+inurl:blog ?post a comment? -?comments closed? -"Login to post a comment" -?you must be logged in? ?keywords?

This search string is for .Edu sites.
inurl:.edu+inurl:blog ?post a comment? -?comments closed? -"Login to post a comment" -?you must be logged in? ?keywords?

Just replace the word keywords with your keyword.

Another thing you may want to think about is to consider making links to external sites "nofollow". This will prevent Page Rank Leakage. If you are linking to external sites, you are letting weight leave your site and reducing the value of your internal links.

You should also link your blog pages to one another, google loves internal linking.

Hope this may be of some help,
Joseph

I'm sorry to be contrary but you have fallen victim to some common but nonetheless completely wrong myths about Google and ranking.

First, I have commented repeatedly on the GOV and EDU (and DMOZ) myth: The top level domains (TLD) for pages linking to you is irrelevant. What is relevant is the PageRank of the page providing the link, how many other outgoing links are on that page, the relevance of the content of that page to
the content of your page. and the anchor text of the link.

SEO article in Newsweek
In comments:
Matt Cutts said:
Matt Said,
December 12, 2005 @ 9:48 am
Yahoo links are helpful because they?re high PageRank, but that?s the only reason; there?s no special ?Yahoo boost? or edu-boost or gov-boost. Those links just tend to be higher quality.

Lightning Round!

And Thomas writes in and says does Google index or rank blog sites differently than regular web sites. That?s a good question, not really. Some one else asked about links from gov?s and edu?s and whether links from two levels deep gov?s and edu?s, like gov.pl are worth the same as .gov, and the fact is that we don?t really have much in the way of saying oh this is a link from the ODP or from .gov or .edu so give that some sort of special boost. It?s just those sites tend to have higher Pagerank because more people link to them and reputable people link to them.

I?m on debunking duty
Matt Cutts
December 8, 2006

In comments:
Matt Cutts said:
December 8, 2006 @ 7:51 pm
There is no special ?ODP boost.? The PageRank value of a link from an ODP page is solely because that ODP page has high PageRank.

The second huge myth is the one about PageRank leak. Again, this is a persistent myth but it is and always has been utter nonsense. When you link out to another page, whether it's on your own site or on someone else's site, you do not "leak" PR. The page giving the link loses nothing. It does pass a "vote" containing a certain amount of PR to the other page based on the following formula:

PR passed = .85 * {PR of page giving link}/{total # outgoing links on the page, including internal navigation links whether they are dofollow or nofollow}

The PR of the original page remains the same.

I have seen the debunking video of Matt Cutts, I should have mentioned the reason to seek out .GOV and .EDU sites is that a lot of these sites hold higher page rank.

I didn't know that the page rank leakage was a myth, there you go you learn something new every day

Thanks for posting guys :) I'm a little confused now though...

Anybody have good sites or perhaps can direct me to a thread on this forum with a list of sites I can submit things to? I would love to be able to submit my blog, squidoo pages, and article links to a lot more places. I don't feel I am submitting them enough.

Writing on blogs does bring a little bit, but not much right now, I think I need to be commenting a LOT more. Which is best though, leaving a link to your article, or straight to your blog? Both having good content? Thanks :)

Thanks minstrel for clearing the misconceptions! hmm threadstarter are you commenting on blogs/forums that have relevant information to your site? Try to find the relevant sites with high PR

MI
Back