The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What Else Can I as an Affiliate Manager Do?

ETRdahir

Hi Linda,

I wanted to get your feed back on how to manager time. As a newer AM I think I have covered all the bases but I'm not trilled with overall affiliate sales. Here is a breakdown of what I have done with our program and would love your input on how to best allocate my time before we go live with SAS.

1. Put our program on Idev affiliate.
2. Personalized all lines of communication with our affiliates and communicate often.
3. Send out a weekly newsletters that includes marketing tips and updates.
4. Proactively post on your forum and others
5. Interact on Social Media Platforms ie twitter, Linkedin
6. Drink plenty of Coffee. :)
7. Created a commission program that pays more once affiliates hit certain sales goal.
8. Manage a PPC campaign with our Web Master
9. And have setup with SAS and should be live by the beginning of May (I hope)
10. Preparing a interactive presentation for ecomxpo
11. Planning on attending the Affiliate Summit in NY

What else could I be doing or what haven't I done? Any feedback here is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

George, it sounds like you have all the bases covered. Getting launched on SAS should help.

The only thing I can think of you might want to add is an activation campaign.
Try this.

One thing I do is offer the same commission rate to everyone, not making them have to reach a goal to get a higher level. The logic here is you want to attract the good affiliates right off the bat, not wait for them to demonstrate they can perform. Most will be looking at your initial commission rate when they compare you to other programs.

The other reason is newbie affiliates sometimes feel slighted that they are not getting the same commission as the experienced folks and that no matter how much they try, the experienced ones are always going to out sell them and maybe even compete with them.

Thanks Ron,

Our starting payout is already 15% and I've been wanting an increase but was told that an increase is fine as log as there are sales to back up the pay out (in other word pay for performance). I see your point though. What would you say is a decent starting payout that isn't "giving away the farm"?

Regards,

MI
Back