What does Euro sign mean?

PureLander

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
AffKit Ninja
PureLander
> What does Euro mean?
Apparently it came from the word (Europe), but here's another question : What does Europe mean? Where did it come from?

It came from the word (Erebu/Ereba) in the Semitic Akkadian language (It was spoken in ancient Mesopotamia)
Erebu means (Sunset), back to the past, it was believed that the western-setting sun descended on Europe.

> Do all the Eurozone members use Euro?

No!! Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Sweden are actual Eurozone members but they don't use the Euro currency.

Countries out the Eurozone using Euro :

Europe :
Andorra - Monaco - San Marino - Vatican City - Kosovo - Montenegro
Africa :
Mayotte and Réunion
South America :
Saint Pierre and Miquelon - French Guiana - French islands in the Caribbean

> What doesn mean? Is it an abbreviation of Euro, so it's an E with an extra line on it?

Yes, that's it!

Inspiration for the € symbol itself came from the Greek epsilon (ϵ) – a reference to the cradle of European civilization – and the first letter of the word Europe, crossed by two parallel lines to 'certify' the stability of the euro.

> How to type it??

For Windows : CRTL + ALT + E

For Mac : Alt/Option-Shift-2

For Linux : (i don't know why it's quite complexe) Press and hold Shift + Ctrl while you type U 2 0 A and C

✿ Samira ✿

Last edited:
I just paste it :p
my cheat sheet :
Code:
(@_@)
€
±
°
(°°)
§
¶
I've never used Linux .. i dunno why it's so complex lol I just looked for that in Google . and yeh, again, i'll never trust its results again
Then, tell us how to type the Euro in Linux?

✿ Samira ✿

i don't I paste it --unless I am working in HTML or code
There is a special characters GUI that runs on your desktop:
View attachment 21528
note you need to uses the search --my system is a US symbol keyboard

So it's just easier to use a cheat sheet and paste like I said in the first place LMAO :D
Oh .. you know what? Let me imitate i got it '-' lol

✿ Samira ✿

i don't I paste it --unless I am working in HTML or code
There is a special characters GUI that runs on your desktop:
1634564202376.png

note you need to use the search --my system is a US symbol keyboard
1634564418712.png

So it's just easier to use a cheat sheet and paste like I said in the first place LMAO :D

Last edited:
That was really enlightening. I didn't know that some African countries use Euro.
because they are colonized by France .. (just a note, they refused to get their independence lol, they like being colonized by France)

✿ Samira ✿

> What does Euro mean?
Apparently it came from the word (Europe), but here's another question : What does Europe mean? Where did it come from?

It came from the word (Erebu/Ereba) in the Semitic Akkadian language (It was spoken in ancient Mesopotamia)
Erebu means (Sunset), back to the past, it was believed that the western-setting sun descended on Europe.

> Do all the Eurozone members use Euro?

No!! Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Sweden are actual Eurozone members but they don't use the Euro currency.

Countries out the Eurozone using Euro :

Europe :
Andorra - Monaco - San Marino - Vatican City - Kosovo - Montenegro
Africa :
Mayotte and Réunion
South America :
Saint Pierre and Miquelon - French Guiana - French islands in the Caribbean

> What doesn mean? Is it an abbreviation of Euro, so it's an E with an extra line on it?

Yes, that's it!

Inspiration for the € symbol itself came from the Greek epsilon (ϵ) – a reference to the cradle of European civilization – and the first letter of the word Europe, crossed by two parallel lines to 'certify' the stability of the euro.

— European Commission[2]

> How to type it??

For Windows : CRTL + ALT + E

For Mac : Alt/Option-Shift-2

For Linux : (i don't know why it's quite complexe) Press and hold Shift + Ctrl while you type U 2 0 A and C

✿ Samira ✿
Inspiration for the symbol itself came from the Greek epsilon (ϵ) – a reference to the cradle of European civilization – and the first letter of the word Europe, crossed by two parallel lines to 'certify' the stability of the euro.

This is what it means ! :)

MI
Back