The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What do you think about Clickbank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like any other subject in life, there are pros and cons for choosing Clickbank:

Pros:

1- You can choose the products that you want to promote. This is a big difference between AdSense and ClickBank. One of the most frustrating situations among AdSense users is that AdSense can display low commission ads or unrelated ads to their web site content. With ClickBank, you can have more control in selecting products.
2- It’s easy and simple to set up an account and start to promote products.
3- Commissions are generally a lot more generous than other affiliate programs. Some vendors pay out up to 70% of the price of their products.
4- You can add a search feature for ClickBank products on your website and earn commission when there are any sales generated from the search result page.
5- You can add your own tracking code.
6- Payment threshold can be as low as $10 and their payment options include domestic and international direct deposit.

Cons:

1-It’s hard to find quality products to promote. Many of their products are cheap and lousy get-rich-quick e-books that even you wouldn’t want to purchase. Few bloggers who care about their reputation would feel very enthusiastic about advertising these products on their websites.
2- They have high refund rates.
3- Simple affiliate interface can be a favor, but it also means their features and reports are basic and limited.
4- Your potential sales can get hijacked, that is, users can change your affiliate code and buy products through their own.

Good luck!

Natalie has excellent tips here.

Just a few additional thoughts - Many high ranking CB products are heavily promoted by affiliates because of the high payouts. So it can be very competitive.
If you are a newbie, you may want to start with something easier such as physical products from Amazon.

If you do choose Clickbank then don't always go for products that offer high commission. They often offer upto 75% but that is usually because their products are not selling and they are desperate.

If you do choose Clickbank then don't always go for products that offer high commission. They often offer upto 75% but that is usually because their products are not selling and they are desperate.

Im quite new to aff marketing and I appreciate what you mentioned here to not go for products that have high commissions. Its not easy picking products so I guess Ill have to do a lot more research about best niches and best aff mktg practices

I disagree with you on this. Some smart marketers offer you high commission to build their lists not because they are desperate

4- Your potential sales can get hijacked, that is, users can change your affiliate code and buy products through their own.
Good tips Natali. But Clickbank has a strict system for this. Cookies stay in the PC of the buyer when he visits the seller's page through an affiliate link for about 2 weeks even if he deleted the affiliate code from the URL. So generally it is hard to get hijacked.

Oh wow - do you know how long I have been waiting for a list like this ?! Thank You so much!!!!

Im quite new to aff marketing and I appreciate what you mentioned here to not go for products that have high commissions. Its not easy picking products so I guess Ill have to do a lot more research about best niches and best aff mktg practices

I'm kind of new to this game too, but the constant theme I've heard is that you should market products that fit well within the context of your website. Something that people who visit you are already interested in and primed to act on. Context is key.

The reason why I like Clickbank as an affiliate is that they offer a 60 day money back guarantee to customers. Now, some of you say that you could be losing commissions. And from time to time that is true. But, I would much rather promote a program that my customers can feel secure about.

This means, that they will return to my site in the future, because they know that they are not getting ripped off.

Clickbank is easy to use which is a nice perk but not always easy to attract affiliates with. I've worked with people who thought they'd get instant affiliates once they posted to Clickbank. That's only true if you've sold enough products to make it to the first page and your commission is attractive.

Regarding poor quality of products, I agree there are some but you can't judge that on the commission. Vendors moved to a higher commission to attract more affiliates. It's the profit in bulk strategy that Walmart uses. If you want to judge a product you have to buy it and check it out, something that a lot of affiliates don't do and there's a whole can of worms debating that one.

What are some other programs like clickbank? Its the one that is most highly recommended and promoted. I must say that i haven't made much money there so i wouldn't mind choosing a different program but i don't know of any.

Queenbearn,

Another affiliate program I use for physical products is Commission Junction. I like it because I can find specific parts like mud tubs at Lowes for gardening kits. It's physical products though.

For other affiliate programs check out these:
linkshare
shareasale
marketleverage
azoogleads
affiliate.com

I can't recommend any of them. I just know of them from a past training. Again, I've only ever used Clickbank and Commission Junction.

"Like any other subject in life, there are pros and cons for choosing Clickbank:

Pros:

1- You can choose the products that you want to promote. This is a big difference between AdSense and ClickBank. One of the most frustrating situations among AdSense users is that AdSense can display low commission ads or unrelated ads to their web site content. With ClickBank, you can have more control in selecting products.
2- It’s easy and simple to set up an account and start to promote products.
3- Commissions are generally a lot more generous than other affiliate programs. Some vendors pay out up to 70% of the price of their products.
4- You can add a search feature for ClickBank products on your website and earn commission when there are any sales generated from the search result page.
5- You can add your own tracking code.
6- Payment threshold can be as low as $10 and their payment options include domestic and international direct deposit.

Cons:

1-It’s hard to find quality products to promote. Many of their products are cheap and lousy get-rich-quick e-books that even you wouldn’t want to purchase. Few bloggers who care about their reputation would feel very enthusiastic about advertising these products on their websites.
2- They have high refund rates.
3- Simple affiliate interface can be a favor, but it also means their features and reports are basic and limited.
4- Your potential sales can get hijacked, that is, users can change your affiliate code and buy products through their own."

We have copied the above so that we can address these points in turn with what we think.

The pros:

1) Clickbank is free to join, has many products in various niches with good information about how many are promoting it, how well it is converting and so on.
2) Already covered above.
3) Good commissions could be earnt provided you go about this the right way which we will come to.
4) Again this requires experience and knowledge beyond most if not all newbies.
5) You should always have tracking codes. Again newbies won't know how to do this?
5) You can select your payment threshold but unless you do make sales this is irrelevant?

The cons:

1) It is indeed hard but not difficult to find good products and no most of them are not ebooks.
2) Again this is a generalization.;)
3) Another generalization.:D
4) If you create your own website and cloak your affiliate links or better still build a list before adding affiliate links to your list after you have built a relationship and trust with them. Never promote affiliate links where they can be hijacked.

As with any online website business we always recommend building your own website which should address the niche but not the actual affiliate product. It should be have an opt in box or point to a squeeze page so that those who liked what they saw can sign up to your list. A free valuable gift helps here.:)

To prevent affiliate link hijacks, never put the url where scumbags can alter it and steal any sales that should come to you. If you use Wordpress to create your website you can use their cloaking to keep thieves away as well as many other great plug-ins and themes such as Optimize Press which we use. Or simply only add affiliate links into your follow up email sequence.:cool:

A great post which we copied to give our views on!

Hope this helps you all?

Regards.

Stephen & Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back