The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What can I expect from affiliate marketing?

Samchang

affiliate
Below is my original post, but after searching in the forum I found out that most of my questions have been answered in some other threads. I really should do some more study before I post anything. My apology.:eek:

By the way, this forum really contains many good informations. :)

-------------original post---------------

Hello everyone, I'm new to affiliate marketing.

I've read on books and articles that said affiliate marketing can have a good income potential. What they said appeals me, but sometimes it seemes too good to be true.

May I ask what will be a resonable expectation on following questions about affiliate marketing?

1. General income of an average affiliate(not those few top millionaire affiliate)?
2. How much time and effort will be needed before things get on track?
3. How much time is required to maintain my affiliate business everyday?

I'll be grateful for your comment :)

Sam,

Sorry, I could not find your original post or would have responded there.

The questions you ask are asked a lot. Frankly, there is no pat answers to those questions as there are just too many factors, like the number of merchants, SEO, your niche, etc.

Best to just jump in and start giving it a try and see how it does. Then adjust and modify to see what works even better.

Good luck.

Hi, Sam, and welcome.

1. As Ron said, there are too many variables to predict with any accuracy. Some affiliate marketers make $1 a day, some make $100 a day, some make $1,000 a day. The bottom line in my opinion is that the money is well worth it if you do it right.

2. A lot. This is just like any other business.

3. Depends on whether you're satisfied with your current level of income or not. If you're happy with it, you don't have to work at it full-time. If you need more, you will spend hours a day.

Sorry we can't be more specific. :)

Hi Sam!

It can take a lot of time and energy for some while others are naturals. I think the biggest problem is people getting sidetracked and changing niches too quickly or choosing ones that are too competitive.

I would suggest reading as much as you can on first 'finding a niche' as it's critical that you find a profitable one to target or you will just be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Look forward to hearing about your success!

Ciao,

Jeff

It takes 3 to 6 months to get things up and running i.e. to the level of generating income

A reasonable expectation of your affiliate marketing business is $2000 to $4000 a month if you work hard at it.

I cannot tell you how much time you need to invest if you are doing it full time, I am a part time online marketer myself

But I would say initially at least 4 hours a day of constructive work. By constructive work I mean building content or generating traffic. You'll find that it is easy to get distracted by reading emails and other peoples' promos and checking your stats but if you can manage to avoid this, 4 hours a day of constructive work should clinch it

To maintain your sites once established will require about a couple of hours a week.

Or perhaps I am doing it all wrong :)

how mucch you will be earning from affiliate marketing depends on a whole lots of factors but from my perception, it seems as if you need some kinda motivation~~~
So I will say:
Average affiliate earnings per month should be around $75 - $250,
Time needed for things to start getting on track should be around 1 - 6 months while,
average time spent working per day should be around 30 mins - 5 hours.
Dont question me cos I cant prove any of these.
Just take it like that.

Below is my original post, but after searching in the forum I found out that most of my questions have been answered in some other threads. I really should do some more study before I post anything. My apology.:eek:

By the way, this forum really contains many good informations. :)

-------------original post---------------

Hello everyone, I'm new to affiliate marketing.

I've read on books and articles that said affiliate marketing can have a good income potential. What they said appeals me, but sometimes it seemes too good to be true.

May I ask what will be a resonable expectation on following questions about affiliate marketing?

1. General income of an average affiliate(not those few top millionaire affiliate)?

1. Doesn't matter what the general income of an affiliate is. Once you start doing affiliate marketing, if you can make $100/day, it's pretty easy to scale that to $1,000/day.
2. It's different for everybody. Some people get lucky and find a profitable campaign early on. It took me about 2-3 months of testing offers before I found what I was good at promoting.
3. If you want to be successful, you'd be working all day. Affiliate marketing is pretty addictive.. most of your day will be spent refreshing stats :D

I think it also depends on the niche and on the way you get your commissions (CPA, revenue share, hybrid, pre-pay). For example, if you get paid per sale, some month there are no conversions, so you get $0! With revenue share, on the other hand, in the beginning the income is very small, but later on, once you get more and more leads and conversions, you get a "steady" monthly earnings.

Some month can be better then others, however no matter what you have to work super hard to make any money.

You can start with $0 and work your way slowely to $5,000+ per month.

The first money started coming in after about 4 months of LOTS of work.

I am working almost round the clock, most of the time it rounds up to at least 7 hours a day (weekends off, although sometimes even on weekends).

Thanks everyone for sharing your experoences with me. From what I see so far it seems that affiliate marketing do take some times to build up income even if I work full-time on it. If I only have a little time to invest on it, like no more than 1~2 hours a day, would it be impossible for me to success?

If I want to have more time then I'll have to quit one of my part time job, and I've been in a dilemma for quite some times. I think I need some help on this.

Samchang, if you rely on your part time job for a living, then definitely don't quit yet.

I think you should start investing couple of hours a day first, learn about the program/service you represent, find out more about SEO, write articles etc... grow slowely. Instead of 6 months, it will take longer. Once it kicks off, though, you can consider quiting your second part time job.

I definately dont spend enough time!! Having a full time job doesnt help though :( I will be happy if I make anything in the next 6 months ;)

You can also read this article I wrote for this forum, where the general tone of your questions are answered...

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ng-affiliate-marketing-business-answered.html

I think there is no such a question "what to expect from affiliate marketing"

It depends so many parameters

It's a function of product quality and the number of visitors you receive..

It also varies by how targeted the visitors are and the competition in the niche...

How much do you pay for the traffic you get....

very good answers, I found this instructive myself (I currently employ a couple of people in my business, 100% centered on Internet Marketing and Online Services).
regardless of what you made so far, keep in mind this is a growing industry. there is a huge market in mobile surfers, rich content etc and new opportunities appear every day. you have to stay in the game long enough and you will see results - think about mining prospectors - when they hit a rich vein, their bankers start to hyperventilate. but not before :)

banners
Back