The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What Are Your Optimization Steps?

timethiaw

Hey guys!

I was just wondering what steps you take to optimizing your campaigns including:

1. How long do you wait to optimize?
2. Do you go go by CTR, Conversions, etc?
3. Do you block bad targets first or bad landers?
etc.

If you wouldn't mind sharing your steps, that would be awesome! :)

I'm going to assume this is for mobile advertising CPA? Anyhow this is how I optimize on Facebook for my affiliate products.

I usually optimize my titles so I get the best true CTR possible. Put as much info in the title as I can... including price. I found putting the price in made a huge difference for me. Lower CTR but more accurate.
Have a good picture that catches attention.
Start 5+ adverts with different products or angles etc.
Run them at a few bucks each a day until I get 100 clicks on the link.
No sales after 100 clicks I ditch the advert.

:)

I'm going to assume this is for mobile advertising CPA? Anyhow
No sales after 100 clicks I ditch the advert.
:)

I wonder how this applies when you break down the data? For example, when advertising on a mobile platform these 100 clicks could be broken down into OS, manufacturer, Carrier, and so on. So, using 100 clicks you could be left with 25 clicks on android 2.3, 25 clicks on android 4.0, 25 clicks on android 4.1, 25 clicks on Android 4.2. Is 25 clicks and 0 conversions really enough to say Android 4.0 sucks- it should be blocked?

To really optimize I would have to assume you would want to dissect the data using the previous breakouts, but the more granular you get the more traffic you need. How do you guys solve this, what visit count do you accumulate before you begin optimizing by blocking, say specific manufacturer's, OS's, or even carriers?

MI
Back