The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What are your favorite opening sentences?

Oakster

affiliate
Mine are “The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - Douglas Adams

It's one of the most famous opening lines of all time and I'm sure most people are familiar with it, but the opening line to '1984' by George Orwell is masterfully attention-grabbing: "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen." It sets up the mood of the novel perfectly!

This opening line from Graham Greene's "The End of the Affair" has really stuck with me since I read it. I see it almost as quote now : "A story has no beginning or end; arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead.” This sentence can be seen in a different way, much deeper than how it appears...like maybe there are no ends to our stories, like maybe they go on..
A little fantastical I know.. :p

Everyone should be equipped with knowledge. Knowledge is a great and powerful thing when shared with good intent and purpose. Knowledge can be a tool but it can also be a weapon.

I agree with this comment .It is indeed a weapon, for those with less knowledge and power. The knowledge in us has to be shared to all and it must help each one to overcome every barriers and help us to lead a happy life.with all in this world.

knowledgeistheweapon.blogspot.in/

MI
Back