The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What are the basics of Seo

This topic it's very broad and it's impossible to include everything in one post. However, I can say that the SEO in general has two main parts:

1. On Page SEO
This is where you optimize your site for search engines. Using the h1 tags, including keywords in the description, titles, content, optimizing articles etc.

2. Off Page SEO
Building backlinks and social media presence. I know a lot of people won't agree with me that social media it is not important, but I'm pretty sure it's the most important thing. Most of the people spend their time on Facebook and Twitter, Google knows that and it will use data from the Social Media sites to rank your website.

The basic fundamentals of SEO are: when applied in a right way, the SEO will help your site rank very high in the search engines for some chosen keywords associated with your content. There are unknown numbers of things and parameters that will be looked by search engine bots like Google bots on a webpage, and it will help the search engine decide how to that your webpage, if at all, for the keywords present in the content of that page. There are many parts to SEO, and there are man ways that the SEO can be performed.

The onpage-offpage model a user above has cited essentially sums not only the basics, but some meat and potatoes when it comes to proper, "best practice" SEO.

It has long been proven now that gaining social media presence in the form of likes, pins, tweets, shares (and the multitude of other gimmicks with deviating social networks) is perhaps one of the best ways aside from organic link building to raise a webpage's page rank with virtually no work from the webmaster as it integrates with promotional phases. You may have to point out to your viewers that you would appreciate a like or a share (there is nothing wrong with this, and it can help you get a higher result than you ever would have gotten otherwise) if they find the content on your site useful, to get them to build your presence for you. However, it is definitely worth it in the end.

Good backlinks will likely forever remain the forefront of harvesting a good page rank with SEO. There are plenty of ways you can go about doing this. Essentially, wherever you can type or post HTML, you can acquire a useful backlink in some form. Make sure that most of your efforts are accompanied by quality contributions, and you will never have to worry about guilt or having your link being deleted because someone was offended.

For me the main goal of all of us involved in SEO is one thing and one thing only: Building traffic. I think the three main parts of SEO, especially for beginners, would be 1) Blogging/Writing 2) Affiliate Marketing and 3) Adsense. Of course there are so many ways to become involved in SEO and generating leads/traffic, but these are the three things I hear most about when I'm learning new SEO techniques.

The basic fundamentals of SEO is that the contents of your website should be unique. This is because google bot does not understand any language and stores the matter/text of the website in its database. When someone fetches something with a particular keyword in google , then google bot searches its database for the matter with the keyword. If it finds, it displays the matter on google. Remember if you have copied the matter of your website from another website, then when google bot will never put the matter in its database as the bot finds that the matter is already in its database. Hence unique matter is the basic fundamental thing in SEO.

I agree with most of the observations made here but would like to add some SEO ideas. I believe in trying out the basic steps to increase visibility in the search engines. For example, on page optimization would include keywords. Here I would try to place the keywords in different positions within my content, title, and meta tags and then test the results. Content is hugely important. So I have several pages to test.

The next stage would obviously be using outside resources to increase visibility. The search engines are notorious for changing their code or algorithm, so keeping in touch with all changes is practically impossible. I would therefore try to avoid black hat techniques like too much syndication of content but rather build my brand value over a period of time. It will definitely include social media. However, I will not forgo completely on some of the old techniques used to directly interact with potential clients. Forum marketing is a vital part of my online reachability.

It depends on what kind of website you're building, but the most basic fundamentals is good content. Don't worry about SEO, getting traffic, earning money, just try and write good content if you're running a blog. Make a schedule, and put out articles on a consistent basis. After you believe your articles are good quality, then you can worry about SEO techniques such as forum posting, ads, etc.

The basics are a simple alteration of how you use tags in your site (other factors included) to push your sites rankings higher on a search engine. Essentially you're gaming the mathematics that a search engine uses to get a better ranking.

I feel like the subject has really broadened to include a lot of interesting things. Its a new realm of marketing and cash flow.

SEO or search engine optimization is exactly what it says. Any effort on my part to improve rankings in the search engine amounts to following SEO techniques. Simple techniques evolve over a period of time. Basic steps always include on-page SEO including great content to draw the attention of readers naturally. In the present scenario, increased social interaction would ensure on-page optimization is working.

Getting backlinks still remains the number one aspect for better SEO results. I try to get links to high-ranking blogs in my niche by guest blogging and interaction with passionate readers in a forum. Other backlinks follow a trend and may help other pages on my site to rank as well.

banners
Back