The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What am I doing wrong?

robertjmayberry

affiliate
I just started with affiliate marketing and from my research it seemed like I did everything that was told to me in my research.

-I created a product for a niche- My product was an E-Book called "How To Get Your Music Posted In Hip Hop Blogs" I was not able to find any E-Book on the topic through all my searches online.
-I uploaded in to Clickbank- I put the E-Book on Clickbank and gave a 50% commission to whoever sold it
-I used paid advertising- I spend $100 just try to get some quick sales using Google Key Words
-Testimonials- I got rappers and influential bloggers to give blurbs about the book.

All in all the reviews have been great but I haven't even sold 20 copies and the book has been out for 3 weeks. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

Wow, only 3 weeks and you already sound frustrated.

So your product is on ClickBank, correct?

Who is promoting the product? Your not going to sell anything until you get people to look at your offer. You need affiliates to take up your product and promote it.

Tip: Spend time perfecting your ad copy.

I would try offering a higher commission than 50%. Personally as an affiliate I wouldn't sign up to an affiliate program that offered only 50% commission unless there was a lot of evidence to show how profitable the product was.

I just started with affiliate marketing and from my research it seemed like I did everything that was told to me in my research.

-I created a product for a niche- My product was an E-Book called "How To Get Your Music Posted In Hip Hop Blogs" I was not able to find any E-Book on the topic through all my searches online.
-I uploaded in to Clickbank- I put the E-Book on Clickbank and gave a 50% commission to whoever sold it
-I used paid advertising- I spend $100 just try to get some quick sales using Google Key Words
-Testimonials- I got rappers and influential bloggers to give blurbs about the book.

All in all the reviews have been great but I haven't even sold 20 copies and the book has been out for 3 weeks. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

Hmm..... I don't want to rain on your parade but I wonder if, no matter how good your book is, if there's a market for it?

I did a bit of quick market research and I didn't find strong interest being indicated by the market.

Another thing that puzzles me :confused: is that you've (an newish affiliate marketer) moved directly into into product creation. I have to take my hat off to you for effort but my own experience, and that of my students, is that this is a second step on the affiliate marketing journey, not the first (unless you have a really healthy budget to play with).

Why didn't you promote some other vendors proven seller initially and use that as a learning experiance?

You said that you spent $100 on Google Key Words (did you mean Adwords?). The only thing I would suggest is to think long term, and to try search engine optimizing your product page for some free traffic down the road.

The problem is easy and the solution is also easy.

The problem:

You're targeting a very narrow space. Think about WHO your market really is and what they REALLY want.

Most likely your target market is "independent artists that want their music heard". They're looking for ways to get their music out there and your product is just ONE of the ways to do it. It's part of a bigger need.

What you need to do is make up the profile of an artist - could be imaginary or real - and think about how he would go about trying to get his music heard. What questions would he have? What problems would he encounter?

Answering these questions would provide you with insight on how to help your artist get exposure.

The solution:

Since you're targeting a very tight subniche, I would recommend that you look at the niche from a wider perspective.

We've already established that the niche (or the WHO) is "independent rappers who want exposure for their music".

I'm sure you can find products that cater for this wider niche.

If you can - approach them and offer to JV with them. You have a product that is targeted to the same market and they may not have anything on 'getting music on hip hop blogs'. They can offer it to their subscribers as an upsell (split the profits) or they can send you traffic (pay them as affiliates).

If you can't - then you can tackle this wider area and build a product around what you already have started. You may even eventually build multiple products around "music promotion for indie artists (think country, rock, pop, etc and not just hip hop)".

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back