The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What ads get the best CTR?

B

brandsqueezed

There doesn't seem to be any science in it. One guru says headlines another says pictures and sound.

And what "honest" click through rate might one expect? When I ask this question the appendages quickly appear and get banged on the desk ... I'm talking average campaign, average click through not something which has been optimized for the past two centuries!

Thanks in advance

Oh one last one... is there such a thing as an engaged audience which clicks through but refuses to put their hands in their wallets - coz I think I have come across a few :)

Image > Headline > Text of the ads > Colors / styles > call to action button.

Your question on CTR is very generic...

Yes. That would mean your ads are not targeted properly, or the offer / landing page aren't very good.

Take for example you are selling car insurance. The ad features a hot chick next to a lamborghini. This will get good clicks. However they'll click the ad and see that it's for an insurance offer, which is not what they were expecting.

Don't blame the audience, think about how your ads could convert better

1. Heavy text banners
2. Overrated calls to action
3. Free products usually works
4. Adding your price on your banner kills click through.

These were some of the tips by following which your ads can get best CTR.

Nothing like testing to find out. Cause sometimes the ugliest dumbest of creative will actually work best. And your CTR will also be variable, for every different offer, on every different traffic source. Go figure, heh. I have even seen certain text ads, triumph certain images. Hell sometimes even popads and intesrtitials do better, as in no creative at all lol.

If anyone could give you a silver bullet, foolproof, 100% accurate way to get the best CTR all the time... why is the point in coming here and give each other advice. But guess what, if somebody is selling you something like that, you are being scammed. And falling prey to the guru fever.

Peace & profits.

make something that attract eyes of ppl so do something like yellow background with red border ... it works well ... just try it

Image > Headline > Text of the ads > Colors / styles > call to action button.

^that is so useful, especially on Facebook the image is 80%

Flashy ones ;) You most likely saw 100k visitor banner. Those are working for so long someone should do an article about reason behind it cuz to me this is one big myster :p

Thanks,

There doesn't seem to be any science in it.
Oh one last one... is there such a thing as an engaged audience which clicks through but refuses to put their hands in their wallets - coz I think I have come across a few :)

Read Drew Eric Whitman - Cashvertising

It's not easy to answer this question, because media buying changes a lot from one platform to another or even from one placement to another. However, in general, I like to create banners with the following "rules":

* High contrast - Most webmasters won't allow banners with too much contrast, but you should always be on the limit/edge with this, because the first challenge we face with media buying is getting people to notice our ad, and contrast does help a lot.

* Ugly, amateur banners - It may sound a bit stupid, but, usually, amateur, bad looking banners perform better for me (there can be exceptions, though). I believe the reason why it happens is because all the other elements are well-designed and the whole site looks fine. Then, my ugly banner kills the harmony and grabs people's attention. Again, this is something that some webmasters may not allow, so you have to see how far you can go with your "ugliness".

* Blue links - White background with blue links that look link text links. Nothing works better than that, so definitely give it a shot when possible.

* Weird images - using weird images, unusual things is also a good strategy. Anything that makes people curious or that grabs their attention will help you get a better CTR.

* Touch the right point - You don't have many words to use on a banner, but with the few ones you have you must touch an important point. Mention something that's relevant for your audience and get the to click on the banner out of curiosity. It may require some testing (just guessing sometimes isn't enough to find the right point), but it works very well.

* Above the fold - I personally always avoid below the fold ad spaces. They usually don't produce decent results and, even with a lower price, they are almost always a waste of time.

As I said before, it's hard to answer your question because it depends on many factors, but these are the general rules I use for creating banners with a good CTR.

There doesn't seem to be any science in it.

In fact, there is: The best way to get a high CTR is using headlines and images that create CONTROVERSY. You want to irritate the viewer slightly in order to notice it. It may be borderline insensitive or completely distorting the truth with an edgy image ... but if all you are looking for is CTR then that works. I once saw an image promoting Life Insurance with a woman putting flowers down next to her apparently deceased husband. Very irritating and some people were appalled ... but they did click the ad to great extent! It's all about finding that fine line that works for everyone though.

banners
Back