The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Website for affiliate marketing!?!?

howry

affiliate
k, i know you need domain, and to host it somewhere. filezilla for your files.
im just wondering how does the website should look like? if there are any examples out there, plz show me something. TNX IN ADVANCe:)

I recommend that you choose a subject or niche that interests you, like Japanese gardening or Civil War replicas.....something that has high demand and low supply and you're really interested in.

Once you choose a niche, do some keyword research and find the types of things people are looking for that has to do with your subject matter. Using the Japanese garden niche example, maybe you find a keyword phrase for "Japanese walkway lanterns." Write a page on that. Go to the next high demand, low supply keyword(s) and do another page....and so on. Build each page around a certain set of keywords in that niche.

Make sure you put the keywords in your title tag, description, keywords and content.

After you have a decent sized site built (I'd recommend AT LEAST 20 pages), begin looking for affiliates that match your niche and each page, whether it be Commission Junction merchants, Clickbank, eBay, etc. I highly recommend you do not start to monetize your site until a good 20-25 pages are built. Go for more than that. Anything sooner and the search engines will see a small site with lots of ads and write it off as junk. You want to please your visitors and the SE's, both, in that order.

If you put the content first, the money will follow. The content is what drives the traffic, you pre-sell your visitors with your content and then the money will come. You want to come off as an expert in your field.

Take your time, research your niche and be PATIENT!

That's it, in a nutshell. There's more, but you'll learn as you go. Just make sure you are providing excellent content for your visitors. Without them (traffic), you won't make a dime. And don't buy into any Get Rich Quick garbage. It's worthless to you.

For a simple host, I'd go with HostGator. For the best, I'm extremely partial to Site Build It.

Welcome howry:)

Let me know the subject you like most and have sound knowledge of it, accordingly select domain name, build content and design your website. Once completed go with reliable PAID webhost who will support you 24x7 and have secure servers with excellent hosting environment. Once your website is up and is LIVE search for affiliate programs which are related to your website topic.. try to top search engines for better traffic and hence good revenue.

wow. thank you all! ill start looking into stuff that i like, stuff that interest me the most and the ones that i have knowledge about. tnx again! illl keep you guys posted, but i dont think that it will be tomorrow or next week. as i understand, a good website with good amount of usefull content need alot of time well spent on it - so it might take me more than a weekk:)

someone said that i shoould create a website with the content that i like, the stuff that i "care" about. IT IS HARD to find something that will be ok by me and by affiliate programs/

Hi howry,

That was bad advice, or partially bad at least. Yes you ideally want to find something you like, know about or are passionate about BUT you have to research it on several levels to be sure it's a VIABLE niche to try to make money from.

Go to our niche marketing forum.

Read the Sticky: How to Pick Your 1st Niche. Try to pick at least 3 or 4 possible topics.

Then read the Sticky: How to do Niche Keyword Research. You need to research the potential niches to see if you can find one that has pretty high demand yet fairly low competition. As a newbie you don't want to start with something that is too tough to tackle.

NEXT you need to try to determine if that niche can be monetized and if there are affiliate programs that fit the niche.

So don't just blindly pick something you like. You need to do a lot of research 1st. (It will all start to make sense the more you read and do.)

I recommend that you choose a subject or niche that interests you, like Japanese gardening or Civil War replicas.....something that has high demand and low supply and you're really interested in.

Once you choose a niche, do some keyword research and find the types of things people are looking for that has to do with your subject matter. Using the Japanese garden niche example, maybe you find a keyword phrase for "Japanese walkway lanterns." Write a page on that. Go to the next high demand, low supply keyword(s) and do another page....and so on. Build each page around a certain set of keywords in that niche.

Make sure you put the keywords in your title tag, description, keywords and content.

After you have a decent sized site built (I'd recommend AT LEAST 20 pages), begin looking for affiliates that match your niche and each page, whether it be Commission Junction merchants, Clickbank, eBay, etc. I highly recommend you do not start to monetize your site until a good 20-25 pages are built. Go for more than that. Anything sooner and the search engines will see a small site with lots of ads and write it off as junk. You want to please your visitors and the SE's, both, in that order.

If you put the content first, the money will follow. The content is what drives the traffic, you pre-sell your visitors with your content and then the money will come. You want to come off as an expert in your field.

Take your time, research your niche and be PATIENT!

That's it, in a nutshell. There's more, but you'll learn as you go. Just make sure you are providing excellent content for your visitors. Without them (traffic), you won't make a dime. And don't buy into any Get Rich Quick garbage. It's worthless to you.

For a simple host, I'd go with HostGator. For the best, I'm extremely partial to Site Build It.

I think thisis excellent advice. I made the mistake of following what i thought was the money instead of my passion on my first site and it really hasn't turned into much yet because of that. I also agree that you have to do proper market research to make sure that the topic you pick is viable and can be monetized as well.

banners
Back