The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

WebMerge WM-IndexLabel Question

rick52

affiliate
I've read the Help for this, but can't make it work. I have some code (see below), where I want to write the name of a manufacturer ONE TIME, no matter how many times it's in the file (which is sorted by manufacturer). That works fine. However, for every time the manufacturer is the same as the prior one, I get a blank line. I know that's what it's doing since if there are 20 records I get twice as much blank space as ten records. There are thousands of records in the file, but only about a hundred manufacturers.

I've tried [WM-Record] before the WM-IndexLabel, I've tried having the WM-IndexLabel right before the WM-Record, as mentioned in the help. Nothing works...

Example:
[WM-Record][WM-IndexLabel: MANUFACTURER][WM-Field: MANUFACTURER][/WMIndexLabel][/WM-Record]

If I understand this correctly, removing the return character between the "[/WMIndexLabel]" and the "[/WM-Record]" closing tags should take care of it.

I believe what you're seeing is WebMerge faithfully reproducing anything between the WM-Record tags, which will include any white space along with visible characters.

Please keep me posted on how that works out.

Thanks Richard.

My issue was I tried to do it with columns, and got the spaces, so I took out all the column terms to focus on getting rid of the spaces, and put in the <BR> to get each one on its own line.

So now, with the <BR> removed, I can use the col variable and get one on each line. Didn't realize it would be that easy. I approached it backwards. With the <BR> removed, it became obvious to try the col variable and then I went "duh"...

Thank you.

Happy to help. Not all questions about WebMerge are answered so easily, but you'd be surprised how often I hear "Didn't realize it would be that easy." :)

Thanks Richard.

My issue was I tried to do it with columns, and got the spaces, so I took out all the column terms to focus on getting rid of the spaces, and put in the <BR> to get each one on its own line.

So now, with the <BR> removed, I can use the col variable and get one on each line. Didn't realize it would be that easy. I approached it backwards. With the <BR> removed, it became obvious to try the col variable and then I went "duh"...

Thank you.

Omg. I've been trying to get this to work out using a list item tag. No go...

With the [WM-Record] inside the [WM-IndexLabel], it displays multiple list items, all matching, even though I gave the field name to the IndexLabel tag.

With the [WM-IndexLabel] inside the [WM-Record], it only displays one record, and it's not even the first record in all cases, even though I have WebMerge set to sort the file (and I've manually sorted it, with the same result).

I just purchased the license and am waiting on the key before I send an email to support. But this is driving me mad. Any ideas? Here's the code:

PHP:
<ul style="float: left;">
					  	  [WM-Record][WM-IndexLabel bc_link2]<li><a href="[WM-Field: bc_link2]">[WM-Field: bc_title2]</a></li>[/WM-IndexLabel][/WM-Record]
					  </ul>

Wow, so after several hours of freaking out, I finally determined by trial and error, that the problem was with a WebMerge setting. The option on the sources tab for "Sort records by field" was causing the merge to not render properly. Maybe because I was using the full database of 10 thousand records and the free version only processes the first 35. Either way, when I unchecked that box, it worked perfectly. I just ad to manually sort my CSV file.

Hoping I get my reg key tomorrow so I can go to town!

MI
Back