The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Webalizer or Awstats?

kflo01

affiliate
I am with Hostgator and they use both Webalizer and Awstats when it comes to viewing your traffic details. Which one if either is considered me industry standard or more reliable. I ask this because at least for me they both show different numbers as far as page views, visit, etc. On top of that I am running the statpress plugin for wordpress and that gives me even different numbers.
So I ask what should I use? Which is better or more accurate?

Thanks in Advance

No web stats will ever match up and it's maddening. They handles cookies, spiders and other things differently which skus the numbers. I'm not sure if there is a RIGHT one or which one it is.

I look at both to just get a general consensus of whether things are moving up or down. I prefer the Awstats look and interface but for me Webalizer's numbers typically, but not always are higher.

Thanks for the reply. What should I be looking at in order of importance?

Unique Visitors
Visits
Pages
Hits

I guess my next question is going to be hard to answer what is considered a heavy traffic site or good amount of traffic, etc

Right now after about 3 and a half weeks I am averaging about 35 uniqes a day,

I feel that AWStats provides a more accurate view of your unique visitors, but it also includes spiders. Typically I find that if I add up my Google Analytics visitors + AWstats unique visitors and average them, that I will have a pretty good idea of where I stand since GA misses non-javascript users.

I prefer google analytic. I don't trust webalizer and Awstat. I have some website that I don't visit and they have like 5 pages on google. I see like 8 visits a day on those site. I don't even visit those site. How reliable is Awstat? But google analytics shows me ZERO visiit.

I would also go for Awstats because it gives me the right details and what I need.
Traffic tracking is hard work and you need all the details for making your site work for you

banners
Back