The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Want to build a list?

Webtoolkeeper

The most effective way on building a list is to offer your visitor some free products they can't resist in return for their subscription... I started doing since August this year and I can say the result is terrific... having 50 to 70 subscribers daily is not easy but if you know how to do it, it's chicken.. :)

What kind of free product would I offer though. I'd really like to learn how to make A free E-book and the build A opt in list, but after that I don't anything to do with my opt in list lol.

What kind of free product would I offer though. I'd really like to learn how to make A free E-book and the build A opt in list, but after that I don't anything to do with my opt in list lol.

Ask yourself first what is your target... there's a lot of online freebies you can offer... Write something you are a master of and spread it for free..

Building a list is no joke. It takes courage to succeed in the long run. And giving freebies in exchange is one of the ways. But it's not that easy too. What if your members were already use to receiving freebies and want more? Do you have the guts to offer more? For the serious ones, it's just "chicken" because they are already prepared to give "all-out" just to keep the list going and in good shape.;)

i feel the best way to build a list is to drive traffic through blog writing, content editing, and forum postings and build a list...

Could also buy a list and email them

i feel the best way to build a list is to drive traffic through blog writing, content editing, and forum postings and build a list...

Could also buy a list and email them

yes of course.. traffic is needed but there is a very small percentage of traffic converting into subscribers... Would you like to enter your email in a form that offer nothing?

You cannot only build a list by giving an item for free but you can by giving something like valuable information for free. Thousands of people look for this free info every day.

Thanks

I give away a free $5.00 coupon towards one of my affiliate site. It's free for my to give away, but also encourages them to order. And if they order, heck I lose $0.45 on the comission but I get a sale I may have not had.

I give away a free $5.00 coupon towards one of my affiliate site. It's free for my to give away, but also encourages them to order. And if they order, heck I lose $0.45 on the comission but I get a sale I may have not had.

Any update on this?
I stopped offering free products and planning to move on to paid products now.. my list I think is big enough to offer products..

I am new at list building but here is my $.02. You want to give away a free e-book, training series etc. to get the visitor to opt-in to your list. I like to give away a series, such as a 5-Part Training Series. That way I now have contact with that visitor over the next five days, or whatever period of time I set up my auto-responder to send out the next series (every day, every other day, etc). I don't sell the product in the series, I provide valuable content, but always provide a link at the end of the e-mail in my signature line to the product sales page. I want to build up trust first and not think I just hooked them in for the sale. I really don't push the sale until the last series e-mail. This is the method that would appeal most to me as an opt-in visitor. I hate the pushy sales in your face approach.

As the saying goes "The Money is in the List." But you have to train your list to be buyers. You cannot constantly give out freebies or that is all your list will expect and you will never make any money. That being said, you cannot constantly push sales, you will soon have no subscribers left on your list. It is a balancing act between building a relationship with your list by providing valuable content and offering valuable products for sale. Always remember your reputation is at risk with your list.

Good Luck!

I am a noob, but agree with Sam, as I am starting with blog(s) writing content, and offering up some great affiliate incentive programs, but I haven't gotten one hit on my blog!

I've tagged everything, I'm bookmarking the content to other sites like del.icio.us etc, but don't understand what ultimately gets people to your site/blog?

I mean, I haven't started posting links (or advertising my blog yet) to direct people there and intend to do so, but when I get people there... I am aiming for a few things:

1.) List-building with a targeted "business minded or business/opportunity seeking individuals" (which offering free stuff sounds good, yet I'd prefer people willing to spend or join my affiliate programs, lol)

2.) Building a relationship with my people/audience/network ( I really don't want freeloaders, as it implies they're not goal setters or motivated to earn the reward, nor do I want to mis-lead anyone)

3.) I am only supporting affiliate programs that I personally believe in, enjoy, or can promote with admirable intentions to both the merchant & potential consumer(s), and potential sub-affiliates

4.) Establishing a solid foundation with my friends/affiliates/students/mentors/merchants/and people in general...that intend to "stick-to-it" for the long haul, as I too am trying to commit for the "long-term" reward, not the quick buck(eventhough I am penniless now, once again:D trying to find my niche)

Being a "newbie" I myself have lost interest in several programs requiring start-up money, after they "baited me" with something free, because as soon as my sponsors got my money...they were vacant, and I felt used!

So personally I'm not a big fan of the whole sign-up free gimmick, even if it converts into sales. I believe the long-term relationship with people is the key.

But, I guess that depends on what your doing, building or selling?

I simply wish it was easier to understand how to draw similar minded people into a networking web, where we all can prosper. Great concept, difficult application.

Being a "newbie" I myself have lost interest in several programs requiring start-up money, after they "baited me" with something free, because as soon as my sponsors got my money...they were vacant, and I felt used!

I simply wish it was easier to understand how to draw similar minded people into a networking web, where we all can prosper. Great concept, difficult application.

It sounds like you have gotten taken by some MLM opps. You know affiliate marketing is different and understand the differences, right? Very different in many ways. (Although some MLMs calls themselves affiliate marketing to try to legitimize it, they are not.)

Linda,

The above was indeed in response to prior explorations, and in having re-thought what I wrote above, it's difficult sometimes to shake off the negatives, whilst in any truth I was able to find the positive.

Personally, the concepts of mlm's are great...until you realize they've suckered you into joining paid affiliate programs that they mislead you to believe are to your benefit, when in all due fairness it was their own interest at hand.

Let's face it; I learned what an "affiliate program" is as a result, and in my opinion that alone is worth the beatings I took. Now, I just gotta figure out how to set a better example, and I know success will follow.

WayOutWisdoms, I have been in the same boat for a LONG time. I attended my first real estate seminar in 1986, became a huge Tony Robbins fan in 1992, I've been to Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Training courses... and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that a great many people are in the business of teaching others to make money doing something they don't do themselves.

So I stopped studying the courses and started studying the people. Instead of buying someone's ebook on how to make money on the internet, I study their landing page and the techniques they use to make me want to buy their ebook. I think in the long run, this is going to be much more useful than the raw nuts-and-bolts of how to use Twitter and Clickbank.

And one thing I've learned is that everybody, and I do mean everybody, is using an email list to build their relationship with subscribers. It's not about converting them into sales - you can do that more effectively with AdWords, from what I've seen - but developing a real relationship with customers. One of the marketers I greatly respect, Kevin Thompson, recently gave his six secrets of list building, and #4 on that list REALLY hit home - because it's why I respect him so much:

"I do not continually try to 'sell' garbage products and services to you. In fact, the overwhelming majority of my communication is simply meant to offer you more value."​

You don't have to be like the spammers and hard-sell folks. You can be honest and straightforward with people, and build a real relationship that's about more than just selling things.

MI
Back