The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Want more targeted traffic

mexia

affiliate
I have been reading posts on how targeted traffic is so important, well i can't disagree, it actually is, i believe that 20 targeted traffic is more better than 2000 less targeted traffic, and the reason i say this is because i during halloween i wrote an article on "Halloween plus size costumes" It got close to 200 views a day, unfortunately the click through rate was so low out one click for every 75 visitors, on the other hand i had another article on "Indiana Jones halloween plus size costumes" i got fairly relative traffic and the clickthough rate was just remarkable, i believe it not just about getting hold of huge amounts of traffic, its about getting hold of targeted traffic,
i think the only way to profit from a not so targeted traffic is if you offered FREE stuff in exchange for details or you simply just had a killer sales copy, which is quite costly and risky.

Good post. With anything in sales, the more targeted you can get the more sales you should make. Reason I like long tail keywords, more on target.

Of course, targeted traffic is the key to your success. Untargeted traffic is pretty much useless if you are selling a product. Yes, you might get a lot of visitors but how about sales? none.

I feel article writing and blog writing is the solution for the same and i believe could generate more traffic by posting in forums also.

Absolutely right. By making your niche as focussed as possible, then you get prequalified people who are more likely to convert

Obviously the negative aspect of this is that some tightly focussed niches do not have a lot of traction

Article marketing is good for generating traffic both directly and indirectly via the SEO boost from your backlinks

Also the traffic in theory should be more responsive as they have taken the time to read through the article on whatever site it was and have been intrigued enough to click through to your site

Of course there is the possibility that themajority of the readers are other websmasters looking for content for their webpages

Buy hey-ho, there is no system that is perfect

i think it's one of the important lessons we all learn when starting out ...

as a n00b we all think we must get as much traffic as possible ...

but after some time we realise, it's the traffic that buys that is important to get ...

all part of the learning process ... it's one thing to write a killer article ... but quite another to write one that gets people to buy :)

I am mainly into article marketing. And my goal is to perfect it, yes i do have some money to spare for PPC but i like article marketing betterm i like the step by step nature, i feels like a very fruitful journey when i wake up and see my newsletter subscribers doubling. I would definately recommend article marketing for any person new to affiliate marketing, nothing can best work you up to ground than this..
Success to all of you

Have you tried forum postings? Forum postings are a great way to get targeted traffic to your site(s), specially if you post to some specific forums. Find a niche forum, make quality posts and you will get targeted traffic to your site.

I use a lot, the forum postings, to promote my business, and I must say that it is one the most efficient tools to promote your business.

Thanks for sharing that mexia. They were great examples of related and relevant traffic and I totally agree with you. It's not about the quantity but the quality of traffic that will increase your sales.

want more targetted traffic

Yes I do agree with targeting traffic through Article submission, but this do not work always and with all niche, We can only get some part of traffic from article submission.

One of the best places to get targeted traffic is Yahoo answers. The people in there are already asking for help to a problem that they have. So all you need to do is find the group that is asking questions that your product can solve. Leave a link in the"source" box they provide you to your sales page.

If you really want to get a good chance at a sale, give them a little bit of info in your answer and then send them to an article you have written about the subject/product. This way they are getting a good amount of info and the link in your resource box leads to your sales page anyway. This also gives your article more views which can get you on the 90 days most published list at Ezine and also a back link which can move your article up in the search engines. TON of targeted traffic if you get on that list! You would be suprised how many sales you can get from Yahoo Answers like this.

i never try with yahoo answer.. i hope its helpfull to increase traffic. its good idea. i never hear tips seo with yahoo answer before.

tks for info :D:D

Forum Postings & Article Marketing

Don't forget that many forums will also allow you to post articles while you're visiting the forum if the article is on topic. Be sure to read the guidelines first.

Bonnie

Yes, I completely agree with Mexia, the quality(targeted ) of traffic is more important than quantity( less-targeted) of traffic in achieving success in affiliate marketing. Blog commenting and participating in forums are two great ways to get quality traffic.

HI, I think all 3 forms(forums,blogs,articles) are a good idea to get targeted traffic, though it's important to do what your comfortable with. I'm a little nervous about article writing but I'm trying. Keywords are important, so many of them have no SEOV (value) I like to look at the SEOV and OIC of a keyword to see if they people are browsers or buyer. Cuts down on testing keywords. All three methods are great for getting back links too, I try to use high PR sites to post to to help my PR.
Do you have any favorite sites for blogs,articles or forums (other than here of course)?

Wendy

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back