The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Voluum not tracking clicks (Mobidea)

renn

affiliate
I've been trying to set up Voluum correctly with Mobidea, but haven't been able to do so. I'm using PopAds and Voluum is recording visits, but is not recording clicks. Mobidea, however, is recording clicks. To my knowledge, these clicks are recorded when someone lands on the offer page. So I tested this out myself, manually visiting the campaign URL I'm pasting into PopAds, and Mobidea recorded the click, but Voluum didn't.

Any ideas? I've got one idea. My postback URL domain is different from my main domain in Voluum. I setup a custom domain and this is now my main domain, but the postback url is still using the dedicated domain from voluum. But I'm not sure how to fix this

let start little by little .
can you show us some pictures please of the data that is missing including the other columns like ctr and so on . ? .

let start little by little .
can you show us some pictures please of the data that is missing including the other columns like ctr and so on . ? .
Sure. Here's the page in Voluum.
LuDazqN

LuDazqN.png

However, in the Mobidea tracker, I have 15 clicks. But, Voluum is collecting other data, like placements, device, country, etc. As shown below
DaM6wgs.png

DaM6wgs

DaM6wgs

are you sure you have put the right call to action link in your landing page ? .
that link will be a link that you get from voluum . not the offer link .

i repeat => the link that you have to put in call to action in your landing page you will get it from voluum .
have you done that .

i think you went to your landing page and you put there the offer link that you get from the cpa network .

are you sure you have put the right call to action link in your landing page ? .
that link will be a link that you get from voluum . not the offer link .

i repeat => the link that you have to put in call to action in your landing page you will get it from voluum .
have you done that .

i think you went to your landing page and you put there the offer link that you get from the cpa network .
Well I guess I'm a potato. Yeah, I've been using the offer link as the CTA. How come you're not supposed to do that? Intuitively, doesn't it make sense that way? To get to the offer page, you click on the CTA, which is linked to the offer url?

So then which Voluum link do I use? The one from the campaign that is labeled "Campaign URL" or the "Click URL" in setup?

Voluum allows you to rotate offers, change offers for certain devices, ISPs, browsers etc all within one landing page.

Your landing page CTA is always set to your Voluum Click URL and if you have more than one offer (a little unusual) you need to define them as /1 /2 etc. on your landing page and in Voluum.

There is a problem with Mobidea post backs and clickid by the way - when you set up the offer URL in Voluum, make sure you change the last variable to data3 as the {clickid} token.

Voluum allows you to rotate offers, change offers for certain devices, ISPs, browsers etc all within one landing page.

Your landing page CTA is always set to your Voluum Click URL and if you have more than one offer (a little unusual) you need to define them as /1 /2 etc. on your landing page and in Voluum.

There is a problem with Mobidea post backs and clickid by the way - when you set up the offer URL in Voluum, make sure you change the last variable to data3 as the {clickid} token.
To make sure I'm following this correctly, heres the end of my offer url in Mobidea:
?data1=Track1&data2=Track2&tag={External_ID_from_traffic_source}, so I should change the {External_ID_from_traffic_source} to {clickid}?

Btw, I turned the "Append clickid to URL" option on when I setup Mobidea in voluum. I'd assume in that case it would already do what you're saying?

yes, change it to this:

?data1=Track1&data2=Track2&data3={clickid}

Mobidea made some changes a little while back and if you didn't change tag to data3, it wouldn't track your clicks.

I always use 'Append ClickID to URL' - most of the time it doesn't get used though.

I have set up a compaign on Voluum with Mobidea and i am using Popads as a traffic source. The problem is that i have choosed CMP (5$ for 1000 impression) model while creating my compaign but i can not see the impressions cost in voluum dashboard. The second problem i have encountered is that i did not have any data (ie: websiteid...) in the variables section.

Capture 1.JPG

I tought the reason would be in the advanced settings section of the traffic source on voluum which looks as below:

Capture 2.JPG

your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Impressions are different to visits.

Impressions are how many times the advert (banner/native) are viewed and this is only passed to Voluum if the traffic source has a token for it. You're buying popunder traffic, so every time someone opens a page from your traffic source, they are visiting your landing page or offer.

You're paying way too much for the traffic by the way. PopAds doesn't have much inventory for LT and I wouldn't be paying more than $1.25-1.50 CPM.

Running antivirus, I would look for adult traffic - Exoclick/Traffic Stars. You need to know how to cloak though.

Thank you for your answer. I agree with you that popads have low inventory for LT but i did not realize that until i have prepared the compaign. I have other offers to run but i want first to make sure that my compaing set up is correct. Kindly advise if :
1 .my traffic source set up for popads is correct (please reffer to above screenshot) as i can not track the impressions
2. Should my compaign URL end with tockens from popads? as in my first compaign there was no tockens in the compaign URL i have inserted in popads consequently i did not have any data in voluum variables section, then i have tried a 2nd compaign and used the impressions pixel URL (it looks the same as the compaign URL but it have the tokens at its end) and could have the data in the variables section.

I know something is missing in my whole set up. Would you please help me to identify the issue.

You can check the PopAds inventory here - PopAds - Login

You don't need to track impressions with pop traffic because every impression = visit.

With Voluum, you set up the traffic source and the tokens they support. It looks like the tokens are correct based on the above screenshot. When you generate a campaign for that traffic source, the tokens will be automatically input into the URL.

If you go to one of your campaigns and then Report > Variables, you should see the tokens PopAds supports. If those are correct, they will display things like the Website ID (which is important for campaign optimisation).

Are you set up with the postback tracking with Mobidea and Voluum?

Yes, i have set the postback tracking in mobidea. I have also disabled the impressions tracking in the traffic source set up (see below screenshot) but i still can not see any visit (see below screenshot).

Capture 4.JPG
Capture 5.JPG

Regarding the compaign URL it does not have the tokens that Popads supports but it is the impressions pixel URL which has those tokens. As mentioned in my previous post i have used the impression pixel URL for the same compaign and i was able to see data in the variables section such as the Website ID. Is it normal? Thank you for your assistance!

So your Voluum campaign URL for PopAds should look like this hxxp://tracker.com/randomdigits?[WEBSITEID]&quality=[QUALITY]&categoryid=[CATEGORYID]&country=[COUNTRY]&formfactorname=[FORMFACTORNAME]&campaignid=[CAMPAIGNID]&campaignname=[CAMPAIGNNAME]&screenresolution=[SCREENRESOLUTION]&impressionid=[IMPRESSIONID]&bid=[BID]

I assume you will need to recreate the campaign and generate a new tracking URL. Try that and then open it yourself to see if it tracks the visit.

I have set up a new compaign and generated a new tracking URL. I have opened it and it does track the visits. i will launch the new compaign after approval and see if everything is fine. Thank you!

I have set up a new compaign as advised. Now i can see the visits and clicks and also have the data in the variables section (ie: website ID) but i still do not have the visits cost even though i have choosed CPM model in the compaign set up. Please see below screenshot. Thank you!

Capture 6.JPG

You need to tick the cost tab in the traffic source for PopAds. In the above screenshot, you're not tracking it.

By the way, the clickloss rate with PopAds is quite high in some geos. I would recommend manually adjusting the cost to reflect what's in your PopAds panel.

banners
Back