The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Vince, just hype?

v9designbuild

I've been reading articles on Vince, which say it's time to reconsider a lot of what we do. Apparently, the recent Google "update" rewards big brands with better rankings for competitive keywords and that we all need to think about the future of SEO.

One article went on to say that although it wasn't as big as Florida, "the future of SEO is not about developing rankings for keywords based on traffic any more, but rather creating traffic for keywords: SEO as a means, not an end."

But all of these article seem to lean way too far towards hyperbole, because according to a Matt Cutts video, he says they don't really think about "brands" as such but simply factor in trust, authority, reputation, PageRank, high quality and other metrics.

The "update" apparently only affects a small number of queries and can hardly be noticed. He went on to say that it can hardly even be regarded as an "update" as it doesn't affect "long tail queries".

Can anyone enlighten me further as to the perceived negative effects of Vince or if we really need to worry about it at all.

Ignore it all.

One thing I learn about SEO is that SEO Bloggers really have little to write about so instead they write a lot about the little that happens.

Solid, white hat SEO hasn't really changed since 1998.

Good content plus h1, h2, title tags plus relevant incoming links with good anchor text equals rankings.

MI
Back