The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Viewed for 50 billion hours in 2018

Graybeard

Unreal -- imagine the bandwidth cost (and the ad revenue....)

>>>{quote}
YouTube Gaming has become a huge part of internet culture in recent years, and that was visible at The Game Awards this week

Every day, more than 200 million people view gaming content on YouTube. That’s like the entire country of Brazil heading to YouTube every day. And in the past year, more than 50 billion hours of gaming videos were viewed on YouTube. That’s almost twice the total time Americans spend commuting to work in a year. <<<

source: YouTube game videos were viewed for 50 billion hours in 2018

These days bandwidth is cheap and ad-revenue is very high. Even with One can invest $50 in adult bandwidth can make $500 per month. Mainstream earning is 10 times more than Adult.

Prove to me you invested $50.00 in adult traffic and make $500,000.00 in one month -- that a typo ... WTF?
I'll throw some thousands at a deal like that LOL

medium res video is like 1.3 gb/hr @$0.003 gb transfer (maybe?)
Really, you lease lines (optical fiber) and you are limited by the pipe capacity (e.g.; 10gb/s ) -- so I am not so certain about that cost estimation.
I got the 1.3 gb/hr from amazon video (transfer)

scale=4; 1.3*.003
scale=4; (1.3*.003)*50000000000

That is almost $200 million/yr in bandwidth cost +servers +datacenter costs (electricity, property, etc) +personnel --

Maybe the cost is near $600K/yr IDK (guesswork)

Youtube replaces TV. It's a fact and we have to understand that in near 5 years such gaming platforms like Twitch can replace TV and DOTA 2 or CS:GO can become more popular than football or basketball. Today the TI 8 DOTA 2 prize pool is higher that others types of sport have...

MI
Back