The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Video email marketing?

geoge01

affiliate
Hey Guys,

Is video email marketing good way to promote your products?

Because I believe that people don't click on such kind of emails and most of such email goes to spam box.

Well, what do you think guys?

I use a service called TrafficGeyser and there is a free one out there to called TubeMogul. These are similar in practice and use (one automates a lot more for you saving time) but basically they push your videos out to all the video sites online. I have seen great results and even overnight top google rankings if your video title is a long-tail keyword. Always place links to your site and it's a great idea to have the site URL in in the "video footer" throughout the video to ensure exposure and visits for your work. I think it's also a great idea to use Digg, Stumble and other bookmarking sites to directly promote your video. I have had many successful projects done through video with great response.

Had one more thought on the subject and thats a statistic. People spend nearly 70% more time on sites with video than just plain text. Thats power and retention!

Anything is worth trying! Videos on the web work I dont see why video emails would not work.

It would take a lot more effort to do video emails than online videos.

I've been considering video e mail marketing, and I think its not quite time to go exclusively down that path, but I think that it is something that can add some flare to a general marketing campaign. There are still too many dial up connections, speaker less computers, etc to risk exclusively using video e mails. As a an additional means of advertising though, it should be quite effective.

We are using You tube for market video. It's best way to generate link popularity for the site.

Hi,

I agree with you. YouTube is the most famous video sharing websites. You can upload your videos on YouTube and can branding of your site over there. There are also some branding techniques which you can use on youtube videos to bring traffic to your website.

He's asking about video EMAIL marketing. Embedding videos right in the email.

A few years ago lots of big companies were doing it - like car dealers and big software companies. But it was really expensive. To do it right you need a sniffer that can tell if the person has the right connection and flash and everything to be able to view it. If they don't it serves them a static HTML or text version of the email.

In my opinion if you don't go to the expense of finding a solution with a sniffer, it's not worth doing. On the cheap, I imagine you could say "if you can't watch this video click here to view it on YouTube" or something. But...

Depends somewhat on the market too. I personally would not watch a video someone sent me via email in this industry. But maybe that's just me. Now if I was house shopping or car shopping and someone sent me a video of a car or house I already knew I was interested, maybe then I'd watch it.

Here's a good blog with techy details about why it's hard to send emails with video embedded...
email spam filters etc. to be aware of. And also a way to do it by converting the video to a gif.

<a href="http://www.getelastic.com/embedded-video-email/">Hot Ecommerce Trend: Embedded Video in Email</a>

MI
Back